Hatton vs Mayweather

Grant(aka_eddy)

Who will win?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hatton
    • Mayweather
    • Too close to call

Anyone see that American prick who was going to announce the odds?

Tried to silence the crowd, failed miserably, refused to announce the odds.

:crylaugh:

where was that at??

just had a few bets on this!

CMON RICKY!!!

did i ever tell you lot i saw ricky do karaoke up blackpool??

Change of mind - I know think mayweather will take this either within the distance, or by a undisputable points margin. Not the outcome I would prefer, but think that's where it's going.

1635: "Until recently I would have said Floyd Mayweather to win all day long, but over the last couple of months Ricky has been oozing confidence and I see him stopping Mayweather after nine or 10 rounds."

WBO cruiserweight champion Enzo Maccarinelli

1630: "Mayweather's fought people like Ricky before, come-forward fighters, and he's played with them. Remember what he did to Arturo Gatti? Remember what he did to Carlos Baldomir?"

IBF light-heavyweight champion Clinton Woods

1627: "Ricky is in with a real shout. I'm looking to him to work non-stop and take away Mayweather's spirit and edge by attacking him to the body. "

WBA light-welterweight champion Gavin Rees

1621: "I think Ricky will come out and trouble Mayweather for the first few rounds before Floyd finds his rhythm and takes him apart. I think it will be a stoppage on cuts or a landslide points victory."

WBC light-welterweight champion Junior Witter

1617: "Mayweather won't like the pressure, he'll be unsettled. Mayweather is used to being in the comfort zone and fighting at his own pace. Also, Hatton is naturally bigger and people underestimate his speed. He's not as fast as Mayweather, but fast enough to make a big impression."

Undisputed world cruiserweight champion David Haye

Good point by Woods IMO.

C'Mon Floyd! :D

Good point by Woods IMO.

Not really.

Baldomir was a plodder, didn't have the footwork, speed or skill of Ricky.

Gatti was shot and C class club fighter who took punches to land punches.

Neither are comparable to Ricky.

Boxing's a dirty business, full of bitter people. Woods is promoted by and best friends with Sheffield promoter Dennis Hobson. Hobson used to promote Hatton on his US cruise of the Collazos and Urangos of this world. Then came the fall out. Hatton went after Mayweather, and Hobson was left behind.

I wouldn't read anything into what Woods says on this fight. Besides, his point was ludicrous anyway. Hatton is NOTHING like Gatti or Baldomir.

Â