"I Hate Their Guts"

NurembergVillan

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I understand Morrissey, but the music? It’s perfect.

Same as the first Stone Roses album - utterly derivative Byrds ripoff. Without the decency to acknowledge it. Saw Johnny Marr on some TV programme about guitarists, explaining his 'unique' sound - jangly arpeggios played on a Rickenbacker 360-12, through a compressor pedal and a Fender Twin. He said all this with a straight face, without once mentioning the name "Roger McGuinn". I lost all respect for the Manc clearing in the woods after that. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Same as the first Stone Roses album - utterly derivative Byrds ripoff. Without the decency to acknowledge it. Saw Johnny Marr on some TV programme about guitarists, explaining his 'unique' sound - jangly arpeggios played on a Rickenbacker 360-12, through a compressor pedal and a Fender Twin. He said all this with a straight face, without once mentioning the name "Roger McGuinn". I lost all respect for the Manc clearing in the woods after that. 

To be fair I very much dislike Stone Roses. I wasn’t born while The Smiths were a band, but there’s something about the sound, lyrics, delivery and melody that resonates with me. Even if it is a rip off I don’t think I’d enjoy the ‘source material’ as much.

Â