The Fighting Game Resurgence

Chindie

Not sure if this is the right thread but is anyone playing bleeding edge? 

It looks over the top as a fighting game and maybe a bit more in to the hack and slash category but at the same time I think the theory of it is interesting and could work with more traditional fighting games

basically an online arena objective based 4v4 brawler by ninja theory with characters who look like they could be in overwatch with some character gameplay elements coming straight out of street fighter 

• 2 weeks later...

Bought an arcade stick for me and my brother and it's just been nothing but fighting games recently. Third Strike mostly for now, but we've got Dragonball FighterZ, Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast stopped reading discs) and Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on the back burner. Resurgence indee!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Chindie said:

MK11 getting an expansion - more new characters, more story. Plus a new free update putting in new stages, stage fatalities and friendships.

Didnt like 11. I thought 10 was much better. I see they have added robocop. Jesus

• 4 months later...

Maximilian Dood is doing a retrospective playthrough of the MvCI story mode, looking at why it's so bad and generally taking the piss out of it.

And holy shit stepping back and looking at that game, I've no idea what they were doing with the art design. The game itself is actually really good, but the look of it, **** hell. You look at Cap and just wonder how anyone with functional eyes looked at it and thought it was ok. He looks appalling.

And the writing is diabolical. Theres actually some good ideas in there but done in the worst possible manner.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Street Fighter 6 announced, seems to be going for a much less stylised art style. Only a teaser at the moment so very little info.

Also a new collection of Capcom fighting games had been announced, which includes a couple of unusual titles - Red Earth, and Cyberbots - as well as basically every version of Darkstalkers, Pocket Fighter, Puzzle Fighter and (of course) a version of SF2. All with online and rollback netcode. Which is cool.

• Like 1

I hope there's rollback on the Switch versions too. First time Red Earth has been ported over to console, I'm really excited about that. Always been meaning to play that one.

From the menus shown it looks like this is being handled by the venerable M2, who did the excellent Capcom Beat-em-Up Collection as opposed to Digital Eclipse who did the SF Anniversary Collection which is another positive sign. Their screen filter options in particular are so good.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorely tempted by the Capcom Fighting Collection. 

It's like the ultimate collection of this kind. They've given you everything you'd want from Capcom's 90s fighting heyday, more or less, and they've done it right by putting in modern tech like online play and rollback netcode, which they'd never normally do (favouring farting out a minimum effort port usually).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Sorely tempted by the Capcom Fighting Collection. 

It's like the ultimate collection of this kind. They've given you everything you'd want from Capcom's 90s fighting heyday, more or less, and they've done it right by putting in modern tech like online play and rollback netcode, which they'd never normally do (favouring farting out a minimum effort port usually).

Love the fact that Red Earth has finally been ported as well as Vampire Saviour 2 that hasn't seen a port beyond the PS2 anthology I believe.

Only thing I'm kind of peeved about is that they never do the versus series.

Â