Weekends Football 26/28 January /Midweek Football 30/31 Janaury

andykeenan

Just now, VillaChris said:

Yep that's the main problem, the replays are too inadequate or take too long to come on the screen.

I could see from the first replay Albion's third was onside, it shouldn't be taking over two minutes to confirm the goal.

Yeah, they need to iron it out. In the NBA there's an entire panel in a closed room dedicated to watching the replays. Retroactive decisions are made in real time or take 30 secs max unless it's a huge call. As soon as the ball goes in, there should be refs already analyzing it. It shouldn't take this long to make a decision.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah, they need to iron it out. In the NBA there's an entire panel in a closed room dedicated to watching the replays. Retroactive decisions are made in real time or take 30 secs max unless it's a huge call. As soon as the ball goes in, there should be refs already analyzing it. It shouldn't take this long to make a decision.

When he was looking at the penalty (which was one) I honestly couldn't believe the only replay he got was the one which was seemingly filmed from the roof of the main stand. I was expecting a really close look at it so no wonder it takes minutes.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Could they not give the ref another watch with ability to look at replays on them when VAR is called, would stop him having to run off the pitch all the time.

Google goggles?

• Haha 1

Lee mason in being a shit referee shocker. Cardiff allowed to hack down city players yet no cards, and just denied city a 2nd because he thought a mm offside sane was blocking the sight of the keeper even though he had zero chance of saving it

Edited by andym

5 minutes ago, andym said:

Lee mason in being a shit referee shocker. Cardiff allowed to hack down city players yet no cards, and just denied city a 2nd because he thought a mm offside sane was blocking the sight of the keeper even though he had zero chance of saving it

There’s nowhere in the offside law which states that the keeper must be judged to be able to save the shot for it be offside. He is definitely obstructing the goalkeeper’s view, however to me he looks just about onside. 

Joe Bennett really is a thick clearing isn’t he. A real nothing player and I’d believe it if he got sent off just now just to have some time off for a few weeks. Word removed.

Â