UFL (formerly XFL)

maqroll

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

7 of the 8 teams are in cities with NFL teams. You'd think they could've put teams in football starved areas.

I thought the same. 

How about cities like San Diego, Portland, Memphis, San Antonio, OKC, etc...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

I thought the same. 

How about cities like San Diego, Portland, Memphis, San Antonio, OKC, etc...

My university degree in complete guessing (back up by a masters in poor research) leads me to believe that they don't want to try again in snake bitten cities 

San Antonio, San Diego, salt lake city, Memphis, Birmingham all had failed AAF teams and Memphis, Orlando, Birmingham all had failed original xfl teams

Fool me once and all that

Its hard to get invested in and spend money on merch for a team that you don't believe will see out a season 

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My university degree in complete guessing (back up by a masters in poor research) leads me to believe that they don't want to try again in snake bitten cities 

San Antonio, San Diego, salt lake city, Memphis, Birmingham all had failed AAF teams and Memphis, Orlando, Birmingham all had failed original xfl teams

Fool me once and all that

Its hard to get invested in and spend money on merch for a team that you don't believe will see out a season 

Possibly, but perhaps they don't get invested as they know its a substandard product and possibly destined to fail anyway. 

Put a NFL franchise in any of those cities and it would flourish IMO

Â