maqroll

The Next Club Crest/Badge

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it would look crap on a claret kit though. 

Yeah, I was thinking that last night actually. I'm sure there must be a way of making the lion stand out more somehow though...

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think I'd dump the star though, we get enough stick for bleating on about history and I think it's a bit small time. 

I agree with this. I never understood the clamour to have it as part of the badge. It's cringe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Give it another 10 years. I hope!

Give it to the end of the century and I hope our crest rivals the American flag for stars.

I think it should change from our one lion to a pride if lions now I think is the time..

On 13/06/2019 at 18:34, Jimmyg said:

I think I’m in the few percent that Prefers our current badge. It pops

It literally doesn't.

It's a mess of light colours that looks like an indistinguishable mess from a distance. Light yellow, and a white star...on a pale blue background.  At least it's been improved now they've taken out "prepared" so we don't have the two vastly different fonts right next to each other.

It looks quite nice embossed on a shirt, close up, but from a few feet away or in print it's a yellow smudge with AVFC written over it, in a shit font. 

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It literally doesn't.

It's a mess of light colours that looks like an indistinguishable mess from a distance. Light yellow, and a white star...on a pale blue background.  At least it's been improved now they've taken out "prepared" so we don't have the two vastly different fonts right next to each other.

It looks quite nice embossed on a shirt, close up, but from a few feet away or in print it's a yellow smudge with AVFC written over it, in a shit font. 

Well I like it’s and my girlfriend says it brings out my eyes. 

Edited by Jimmyg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The crest lion does look quite deformed. Is that why it looks so annoyed? Or perhaps that is because it's actually a were-lion with slight tendencies towards rabies? Hmmm. I can work with that.

I'll liked the PREPARED motto, its better than PART OF THE PRIDE, which sounds like it's the product of too many meetings.

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'll liked the PREPARED motto, its better than PART OF THE PRIDE, which sounds like it's the product of too many meetings.

I don't mind 'part of the pride' it's just an attempt to put more of a community spin on the club which is not a bad thing, it's not part of the crest either, it's just a small part of the brand mainly used for social media (love it or hate it it's part of the world/game now).

'Prepared' is what I've always known on the crest, but I've never really understood it, up until recently I've never known us be any more 'prepared' than anyone else, so it always seemed a strange thing to have on the crest to me. I don't see any many other clubs have anything similar, it's just a quirky thing we have, it's part of our identity now though hence I don't mind it being on the crests I've mocked up :)  

I think Villa have more important things to look at this summer rather than the badge debate. Meh its ok. If have a new one I would like something different rather than a retro badge. As  a club we need to be proud of our past but also we need to look forward as well.

On 13/06/2019 at 17:34, Jimmyg said:

I like the round one but I think I’m in the few percent that Prefers our current badge. It pops.... I like it. 

I'm in the 10% of men that are colour blind and I can assure you it doesn't "pop"

It's a messy blur.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

I'm in the 10% of men that are colour blind and I can assure you it doesn't "pop"

It's a messy blur.

OK IT DOESNT F*^KIN POP!!!!

dumb and dumber 90s GIF😆

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

@Jimmyg

The Badge. It doesn't pop.

Josh Groban likes his badges to pop .

I guess I like the simplicity of our badge compared to some other teams. Maybe a little bit of outline for the lion might look better, to make it stand out more.

I've noticed that we have the joint strongest animal out of all the animal badge premier league teams, along with Chelsea and Burnley, but they're both blue so we're the real lions so we win! Premier League animals table:

1.  Lions  (us)     
  2.  Blue lions  (Chelsea)
  3. Smaller blue lions (Burnley)
  4.  Mooses  (Watford)
  5.  Wolves  (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
  6. Eagles  (Crystal Palace)
  7.  Foxes  (Leicester)
  8.  Seagulls  (Brighton and Hove Albion)
  9. Cockerels  (Tottenham Hotspur)
  10.  Red... er... 🤔 cormorants  (Liverpool)
  11. Canaries  (Norwich)   

Edited by robby b

On 13/06/2019 at 14:25, Teale's 'tache said:

I've made a few updates based on some of the suggestions here.

cnzXufY.jpg

MzantjS.jpg

QDyiIEE.jpg

9EmMGPP.jpg

Both of those are **** sexy

• Like 1

Our lion is iconic. We should not put the name of our team below the logo. The brand should speak by itself.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Both of those are **** sexy

Like the yellow one.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Like the claret lion as it contrasts with the light blue. I'd get rid of the star. The club has much more history than a European Cup trophy. The top clubs don't put stars on their crests. It's only the ones that feel a need to validate themselves.

45 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Our lion is iconic. We should not put the name of our team below the logo. The brand should speak by itself.

I think iconic is a bit strong, we've only had this specific lion for a little over a decade, and I think it was tweaked in that time as well, maybe if we'd always kept the lion the same colour throughout time it'd be more 'iconic', but the truth is we've chopped and changed and a number of other clubs and brands use a lion as their main device, so I'm not sure we'd get away with just a lion, but that's just my opinion of course, and design is very much a matter of opinion!

Â