New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

On 13/06/2019 at 18:34, Jimmyg said:

I think I’m in the few percent that Prefers our current badge. It pops

It literally doesn't.

It's a mess of light colours that looks like an indistinguishable mess from a distance. Light yellow, and a white star...on a pale blue background.  At least it's been improved now they've taken out "prepared" so we don't have the two vastly different fonts right next to each other.

It looks quite nice embossed on a shirt, close up, but from a few feet away or in print it's a yellow smudge with AVFC written over it, in a shit font. 

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It literally doesn't.

It's a mess of light colours that looks like an indistinguishable mess from a distance. Light yellow, and a white star...on a pale blue background.  At least it's been improved now they've taken out "prepared" so we don't have the two vastly different fonts right next to each other.

It looks quite nice embossed on a shirt, close up, but from a few feet away or in print it's a yellow smudge with AVFC written over it, in a shit font. 

Well I like it’s and my girlfriend says it brings out my eyes. 

Edited by Jimmyg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The crest lion does look quite deformed. Is that why it looks so annoyed? Or perhaps that is because it's actually a were-lion with slight tendencies towards rabies? Hmmm. I can work with that.

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'll liked the PREPARED motto, its better than PART OF THE PRIDE, which sounds like it's the product of too many meetings.

I don't mind 'part of the pride' it's just an attempt to put more of a community spin on the club which is not a bad thing, it's not part of the crest either, it's just a small part of the brand mainly used for social media (love it or hate it it's part of the world/game now).

'Prepared' is what I've always known on the crest, but I've never really understood it, up until recently I've never known us be any more 'prepared' than anyone else, so it always seemed a strange thing to have on the crest to me. I don't see any many other clubs have anything similar, it's just a quirky thing we have, it's part of our identity now though hence I don't mind it being on the crests I've mocked up :)  

I think Villa have more important things to look at this summer rather than the badge debate. Meh its ok. If have a new one I would like something different rather than a retro badge. As  a club we need to be proud of our past but also we need to look forward as well.

On 13/06/2019 at 17:34, Jimmyg said:

I like the round one but I think I’m in the few percent that Prefers our current badge. It pops.... I like it. 

I'm in the 10% of men that are colour blind and I can assure you it doesn't "pop"

It's a messy blur.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I guess I like the simplicity of our badge compared to some other teams. Maybe a little bit of outline for the lion might look better, to make it stand out more.

I've noticed that we have the joint strongest animal out of all the animal badge premier league teams, along with Chelsea and Burnley, but they're both blue so we're the real lions so we win! Premier League animals table:

1.  Lions  (us)     
  2.  Blue lions  (Chelsea)
  3. Smaller blue lions (Burnley)
  4.  Mooses  (Watford)
  5.  Wolves  (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
  6. Eagles  (Crystal Palace)
  7.  Foxes  (Leicester)
  8.  Seagulls  (Brighton and Hove Albion)
  9. Cockerels  (Tottenham Hotspur)
  10.  Red... er... 🤔 cormorants  (Liverpool)
  11. Canaries  (Norwich)   

Edited by robby b

Like the claret lion as it contrasts with the light blue. I'd get rid of the star. The club has much more history than a European Cup trophy. The top clubs don't put stars on their crests. It's only the ones that feel a need to validate themselves.

45 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Our lion is iconic. We should not put the name of our team below the logo. The brand should speak by itself.

I think iconic is a bit strong, we've only had this specific lion for a little over a decade, and I think it was tweaked in that time as well, maybe if we'd always kept the lion the same colour throughout time it'd be more 'iconic', but the truth is we've chopped and changed and a number of other clubs and brands use a lion as their main device, so I'm not sure we'd get away with just a lion, but that's just my opinion of course, and design is very much a matter of opinion!

7 hours ago, robby b said:

I guess I like the simplicity of our badge compared to some other teams. Maybe a little bit of outline for the lion might look better, to make it stand out more.

I've noticed that we have the joint strongest animal out of all the animal badge premier league teams, along with Chelsea and Burnley, but they're both blue so we're the real lions so we win! Strongest Premier League animals table:

1.  Lions  (us)     
  2.  Blue lions  (Chelsea)
  3. Smaller blue lions (Burnley)
  4.  Mooses  (Watford)
  5.  Wolves  (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
  6.  Foxes  (Leicester)
  7.  Seagulls  (Brighton and Hove Albion)
  8. Cockerels  (Tottenham Hotspur)
  9.  Red cormorants  (Liverpool)
  10. Canaries  (Norwich)   

A moose would smash a lion to pieces in a fair fight, it's about three times the size and outweighs it by about 1000lbs.  Luckily for us the creature on a Watford badge is a male red fallow deer, also known as a hart.  Because Watford is in Hertfordshire.  When it eventually gets incorporated into London (which is surely only a matter of time) then they might change the badge to a hornet which is probably an upgrade.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

A moose would smash a lion to pieces in a fair fight, it's about three times the size and outweighs it by about 1000lbs.  Luckily for us the creature on a Watford badge is a male red fallow deer, also known as a hart.  Because Watford is in Hertfordshire.  When it eventually gets incorporated into London (which is surely only a matter of time) then they might change the badge to a hornet which is probably an upgrade.  

Not sure what you mean by a fair fight, and this is largely unimportant (especially as they hunt in packs), but a grown Lion would easily take down a moose. I've seen my share of them, and while they are big, they are still a moose. Lions take down animals about the same size of a moose all the time, it's a part of their normal non-hipster diet. 

• Like 1