Monster Hunter World

Chindie

Killed the Pukei Pukei. Had to hunt a Tobi Kadachi next, the word removed pushed my shit back in. 

Focused on the investigations for now, trying out the heavy bow gun. Seems to be better than the bow, and a bit safer than the melee weapons. 

• Like 1

I've now been able to get the Anjanath down a few times. I noticed earlier on I could now get the Great Jagras down within a couple of minutes, including tracking it down. Which is nice.

Running around in a mix of Kadachi and Anjanath armour, upgraded a fair bit, and Kadachi dual slicers. 

I suspect when it asks me to have a crack at the Rathian or Ratholos in the story I might struggle though. The slicers aren't the best for anything that is really mobile, particularly in the air. I can obviously get them onto the ground, but suspect there's going to be a slog.

6 hours ago, V01 said:

I think a flash shot from your slinger will ground a flying enemy. 

Correct. Plus if you forget your Flash Pods or run out on a hunt then Brightmoss also works. You have to be more accurate with Brightmoss and it may take more than one, but it's a great makeshift alternative in a pinch.

Just took down the Odogaron. I've of the more awkward fights so far, bleed can go **** itself. Only fainted once, right as it was about to go down typically, but completely burnt through my potions. I don't fancy farming that much.

In fact a few of the monsters now are a bit irritating. The Legiana was a slog, the Paolumo dull as ****... And the environments are worse.

I’m enjoying this but haven’t put much time in, about 7 hours total and I’m at the point where they want me to take out the Anjanath, which I’m more than happy to do since the arsehole has made a number of other quests more difficult due to him showing up at the worst times.

I can see me hitting a wall and giving up for a bit though. I don’t really have hours of free time to blow on getting this involved in a game anymore and as much as I enjoy it on the whole, it can be a bit dull repeatedly smacking monsters in their weak points. Think I need to embrace other tactics like environmental stuff, traps etc.

So far I’ve tried out the sword and shield, buster sword and the long sword. I tend not to guard (weird considering I’m a very defensive Dark Souls player ordinarily), so the sword and shield was a waste, and the buster sword was too slow for me so the long sword has been my best weapon so far. I plan on mixing it up a lot for the forseeable and giving most of the weapons a chance.

Anyone fancies going on some hunts (maybe in the near future as I’m only HR4 at the mo) then my PSN is Veldritch, feel free to add.

• 2 years later...

As its part of the PS+ Collection on ps5 I might give this a go.  I did try the demo when it came out and was a bit meh, but I'll give it another bash.   Beats getting my arse rinsed on Warzone and Demon's Souls all the time 🤣

• 2 months later...

I love this game on my Xbox series S, I brought the new iceborne dlc for it and it adds so much more game it's worth every penny..

Â