New Music 2018

Xann

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I genuinely thought this was a piss take. Car Seat Headrest is exactly the kind of name you'd come up with if you were writing a sketch about a hipster band that only cool people have heard of.

I'll have to give them a listen.

haha. Know what you mean.

"Teens of Denial" is a great album though. Start there :) 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

haha. Know what you mean.

"Teens of Denial" is a great album though. Start there :) 

Head a quick listen to 'Vincent'.

Nah. I like bits of the style, but not as a whole. On the right day I'd listen to it, but not for me at the moment unfortunately.

29 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Head a quick listen to 'Vincent'.

Nah. I like bits of the style, but not as a whole. On the right day I'd listen to it, but not for me at the moment unfortunately.

Fair enough. I found the album as a whole to be a bit of a grower so definitely check it out again at some point :thumb: 

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

I genuinely thought this was a piss take. Car Seat Headrest is exactly the kind of name you'd come up with if you were writing a sketch about a hipster band that only cool people have heard of.

I'll have to give them a listen.

It’s an awesome band name ;) 

check out the teens of denial album - brilliant stuff. I’m sure @PieFacE will back me up on that!

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

On my radar since last year. I like them

Was looking at their facebook, and noticed they're playing in Leeds, in the near future. May have a look down for it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

New Ghost music!

Not quite keen on the new look but Christ that new track is catchy. New album out in June.

I kinda like Tobias's new look. I think 'Papa' had kinda run his course after the first three albums.

Like you, I'm bloody excited for the new album though. They've been one of my favourite bands since the first album landed and I can't wait to see them live yet again as they'e been superb every time so far.

18 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I kinda like Tobias's new look. I think 'Papa' had pretty much run his course after the first three albums.

Like you, I'm bloody excited for the new album though. They've been one of my favourite bands since the first album landed and I can't wait to see them live yet again as they've been superb every time so far.

I’m sure the new look will grow on me, I saw the videos leading up to this track so knew the Papa iterations were gone. I do like that he kind of looks like Vincent Price :)

I want it to be June 1st now! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m sure the new look will grow on me, I saw the videos leading up to this track so knew the Papa iterations were gone. I do like that he kind of looks like Vincent Price :)

I want it to be June 1st now! 

Yes they have always had a great flair for the theatrical (and the tongue is for the most part very much in the cheek) but to accompany all the visuals they also deliver some absolutely wonderful music. Such a great mixture of Hammer Horror lyrics and accessible, melodic tunes.

I still find it amusing how many fans have moaned when 'Papa' has been changed down the years when it's always been Tobias :D

Edited by Designer1

• 1 month later...
Â