Sign in to follow this  
Xann

New Music 2018

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I think this has ended up being 'Freeee (Ghost Town pt 2)'  on Kids See Ghosts or at least it sounds similar to the beat in the tweet.

Its brilliant. 

I'm excited.

Will listen to it tonight

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2018 at 17:13, wazzap24 said:

I think this has ended up being 'Freeee (Ghost Town pt 2)'  on Kids See Ghosts or at least it sounds similar to the beat in the tweet.

Its brilliant. 

 

On 08/06/2018 at 19:46, Stevo985 said:

I'm excited.

Will listen to it tonight

I did. 

And again and again over the weekend.

 

It's great. The best of that little trio that have been released, imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

 

I did. 

And again and again over the weekend.

 

It's great. The best of that little trio that have been released, imo.

I love it. It's  brilliant and different. You're right, it's the best of the 3 so far.

That Louis Prima sample is amazing. How do you come up with something like that? Building a beat around an 80 year old Christmas song 😂

'If I get locked up, I won't finish the sen..'

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

4 songs from the upcoming album by Big Red Machine - Justin Vernon of Bon Iver and Aaron Dessner from The National. Pretty much guaranteed AOTY material:

https://beta.p-e-o-p-l-e.com/album/big-red-machine

Good luck to them with their album and their music streaming start up.

I love the National’s music, but Bon Iver not so much. This collaboration is pretty meh imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I love it. It's  brilliant and different. You're right, it's the best of the 3 so far.

That Louis Prima sample is amazing. How do you come up with something like that? Building a beat around an 80 year old Christmas song 😂

'If I get locked up, I won't finish the sen..'

 

Am I right in thinking Yeezy season isn't over yet? 

A Kanye produced Nas album still to come this week?

anticipation-gif-2.gif

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blandy said:

Good luck to them with their album and their music streaming start up.

I love the National’s music, but Bon Iver not so much. This collaboration is pretty meh imo.

Never really listened to The National before, but they released an album recently IIRC?

Think i'll give it a go today.

I was listening to "Discover Weekly" on Spotify last night and a track from an artist called "Soccer Mommy" popped up, hate her name but the album is actually alright! 3 or 4 decent tracks

That's one.

Edited by PieFacE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Never really listened to The National before, but they released an album recently IIRC?

Yeah, Sleep Well Beast came out last year. I think their best was "High Violet" from 2010 (Blimey, time flies). Boxer and Alligator, too are both decent. As is all their stuff.

That Soccer Mommy track is pretty decent btw

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Never really listened to The National before, but they released an album recently IIRC?

Think i'll give it a go today.

I was listening to "Discover Weekly" on Spotify last night and a track from an artist called "Soccer Mommy" popped up, hate her name but the album is actually alright! 3 or 4 decent tracks

That's one.

The National are incredible. Boxer is their best imo. They also did a song for Portal 2, Exile Villify, which is brilliant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will give the National a blast then. Cheers guys! I'll let you know which one of your favourite albums is better ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any fans of The Caretaker (British ambient artist who uses a lot of field recordings and such (aka. V/VM although that's more noise))? I've listened to the latest stage of 'Everywhere at the End of Time' this week, and it is beyond bleak ie. very good indeed. He released an album a few years ago called 'An empty bliss beyond this world', with the concept being Alzheimer's patients being able to remember specific songs, and then the places they heard them and how they felt, from their youth around and after the WWII period. He's one of the few ambient/dark ambient artists who reminds me of Propergol, a French noise project which (amongst other things) produced an album around the concept of a commercial airliner in flight, from preparation, to take off, to experienced turbulence, to landing (Ground Proximity Warning). It's fascinating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nat Birchall is a sax player, usually in the John Coltrane vein.

This time it's Reggae.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No new Tool album this year :(

I'd like to say I'm surprised but I can't. I don't understand how they take so long to make an album. They've been actively working on it for about 3 years. Even Maynard is begging to rest of the band to finish it. Assuming it does come out next year it'll have been 13 years since the last release.

Perhaps they'll call it 4000 Days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2018 at 19:41, wazzap24 said:

I love it. It's  brilliant and different. You're right, it's the best of the 3 so far.

That Louis Prima sample is amazing. How do you come up with something like that? Building a beat around an 80 year old Christmas song 😂

'If I get locked up, I won't finish the sen..'

 

The version I was listening to on Spotify had all the song names mixed up. Dunno how that happened!

I was trying to google info about that christmas song and it got very confusing!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2018 at 09:33, Stevo985 said:

Am I right in thinking Yeezy season isn't over yet? 

A Kanye produced Nas album still to come this week?

anticipation-gif-2.gif

 

The Nas album is good.

Production remarkable again.

That's 3/4 top quality albums he's made this month and only his own was a let down. I want to hear the album he scrapped two weeks before release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

The Nas album is good.

Production remarkable again.

That's 3/4 top quality albums he's made this month and only his own was a let down. I want to hear the album he scrapped two weeks before release. 

I think I"m just going to put them all onto one playlist and treat it as one huge album :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2018 at 13:25, PieFacE said:

Will give the National a blast then. Cheers guys! I'll let you know which one of your favourite albums is better ;) 

Belatedly throwing my two pennies worth in.

For me it’s between “Alligator” or “Trouble will find me” as their best album. The former has catchier and more instantly memorable tunes (“All the wine”, “Mr November”). The latter has a more rounded sound, that’s a bit more subtle but once you “get it”, it really gets under your skin.

Having said that, I have the impression that “High Violet” and “Boxer” are the more lauded albums by critics and fans alike, which is fair enough. All four are worth investigating.

I’ve not got round to listening to their latest album, been meaning to for ages.

While it’s not quite as good as their later stuff, “Sad songs for dirty lovers” has some really enjoyable stuff (the string section on “90 mile water wall” is particularly good).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just who are The National?

Bearing in mind I've been out the UK since 2010 and I've no concept of any new music bar the 'phonics and the manics.

Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong thread. Either way, give the Soccer Mommy album a go! :D 

 

Really liking this band at the minute. Hoping they tour soon. Bet they're awesome live. Crows.

 

Edited by PieFacE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this