Xbox Game Pass

PieFacE

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Not really into racing games but the new Forza is great but I won't spend too much time on it.  Looks stunning on the X. 

Yeah it’s not the the massive step up from fh3 the press want you to think it is but it’s definitely a step up in fidelity from it just not a big leap. Quality mode on my new X is impressive though. and it’s just novel driving around a virtual brutish counteyside. Had a bizarre moment driving round a village and thinking it felt familiar then drove past a sign saying ‘welcome to Broadway’, my cousins lives there and I used to go and visit broadway tower loads as a kid. Was a really strange feeling. 

Great game though and now I have the One X I just need to decide on a new hdr10+ TV then I’m all set for a few years. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Ashen will be turning up in the next 48 hours, Lots of other stuff likely to just appear unannounced due to the games awards this week so keep an eye out.

Already a strong month without this & any added extras with the following being added in December:

The Gardens Between

Mutant Year Zero

Strange Brigade

Kingdom Two Crowns (Dec 11)

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Dec 17)

Ori & the Blind forest definitive edition (Dec 20)

more games announced at the games awards including pro evo 19 & mortal kombat x

Mortal Kombat X (December 7th)
    Kingdom: Two Crowns (December 11th)
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 (December 13th)
    Spintires: MudRunner (December 13th)
    Below (December 14th)
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (December 17th)
    Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (December 20th)
    Shadow Warrior 2 (December 20th)

38 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Have purchased an xbox for my daughter for xmas. Do you get a free trial or will I need to purchase a pass ready for xmas day? Thanks!

did you buy a brand new console? Most seem to have 14/30 day trials in them now for both xbox live and gamepass but if not you can get the first month from xbox.com for £1.

You will need to get some sort of microsoft account/xbox gamertag set up before redeeming any codes though. If the xbox is not a surprise & she already knows about it you may aswell get this sorted out beforehand on the website or at least put some thought into picking a name that is not already taken but if not it only takes a few minutes anyway. Also worth downloading the xbox & gamepass apps presuming they have some sort of phone

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Have purchased an xbox for my daughter for xmas. Do you get a free trial or will I need to purchase a pass ready for xmas day? Thanks!

Think I might have a free trial you can have knocking about somewhere. If you need it let me know and i'll try dig it out. 

21 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

did you buy a brand new console? Most seem to have 14/30 day trials in them now for both xbox live and gamepass but if not you can get the first month from xbox.com for £1.

You will need to get some sort of microsoft account/xbox gamertag set up before redeeming any codes though. If the xbox is not a surprise & she already knows about it you may aswell get this sorted out beforehand on the website or at least put some thought into picking a name that is not already taken but if not it only takes a few minutes anyway. Also worth downloading the xbox & gamepass apps presuming they have some sort of phone

Thanks for the info. Yes the console is brand new but it is a surprise. I remember getting a free month with the ps but that was a few years back. 

21 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Think I might have a free trial you can have knocking about somewhere. If you need it let me know and i'll try dig it out. 

That is very kind of you, thank you, if you have it to hand please send it to me. 

Edited by AndyC

11 hours ago, AndyC said:

Thanks for the info. Yes the console is brand new but it is a surprise. I remember getting a free month with the ps but that was a few years back. 

You'll need to update it before you wrap it, otherwise they'll spend all of Xmas day waiting on it to download. 

• 3 weeks later...

January announcement is due tomorrow, both life is Strange games were added in December somewhat unannounced and the first episode of life is strange 2 (currently the only available episode) has appeared overnight along with ARK Survival Evolved.

5m9cojx.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/01/02/xbox-game-pass-january-2019/

Lives are strange (even stranger in video games). Have you ever jumped into a game because you wanted to be someone else? Like a high school student with superpowers that can stop time, a sneaky invisible robot in space, or perhaps you just want to be a farmer riding his tractor all day. Maybe even be the tractor!

Okay, you can’t be the tractor.

But you can be so many other people thanks to January’s Xbox Game Pass titles! We have many great games coming your way, in addition to the over 100 great games already included in your membership, that run the gamut from the punch in the feelings from the Life is Strange series (which we sneakily added over the holidays), to an actual punch in the face from Just Cause 3.

Without further ado, let’s jump into the new games:

Life is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) (December 20)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Episodes 1-3) (December 27)

Life is Strange 2: Part 1 (January 3)
A new adventure with new characters and the prevailing themes of friendship, family, and mystery the series has come to be known for. Life is Strange 2 will follow the path of two brothers, Sean and Daniel Diaz, as they are forced to flee from their home after an unexplainable and tragic event. Experience this first episode with Xbox Game Pass, plus look out for episodes 2-5 coming to Xbox Game Pass soon.

Ark: Survival Evolved (January 3)

Farming Simulator 17 (January 3)

Absolver (January 7)

Just Cause 3 (January 10)

Aftercharge (January 10)

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like MS are continuing with adding random unannounced games. Along with Just Cause 3 & Aftercharge turning up as scheduled, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has also been added today.

4 games confirmed to be leaving the program at the end of the month are :

Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered     
Riptide GP: Renegade     
The Escapists: The Walking Dead     
Tom Clancy's The Division (Very likely to be free as part of Games With Gold soon)

• 3 weeks later...

Confirmed for Feb so far :

Crackdown 3 (Feb 15)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Feb 7)

The Walking Dead Season 1 (Feb 7)

Batman Return to Arkham (Arkham Asylum & Arkham City double pack) (Feb 21)

Pumped BMX Pro (Feb 7)

de Blob (Feb 14)

s2Owze8.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

On 05/02/2019 at 22:35, LakotaDakota said:

Confirmed for Feb so far :

Crackdown 3 (Feb 15)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Feb 7)

The Walking Dead Season 1 (Feb 7)

Batman Return to Arkham (Arkham Asylum & Arkham City double pack) (Feb 21)

Pumped BMX Pro (Feb 7)

de Blob (Feb 14)

s2Owze8.jpg

What a great month, I think I will invest this month.

Although I think Crackdown 3 will probably be the biggest letdown of the year.

• 2 months later...

If anyone hasn't tried gaempass yet you can currently get a 3 month trial from microsoft for £1/$1 (for new & previously expired accounts) .

Almost stupid not to try it really as you get full access to 200 or so games for £1. There are also some deals around on amazon/game etc for 6 month passes for £24 which you can stack 2 years worth if you want (they are buy  months & get 3 months free if you are looking for the deal)

This months additions are :

ceao6rf.jpg

Along with these that were added in the past few weeks/last month

Lh9Haws.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

Â