Carew & Mellberg vs sha

Kingman

45 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Erm, now?

It appears to be better now than it has been - but the team O'Neill had after two or three transfer windows was packed with players with strong character and leadership: Friedel, Mellberg, Laursen, Barry, Carew, and Petrov. The overall team had a clear character to it aswell with experience and Viking physicality at the back with youth and pace up front with Gabby, Young etc.

17 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Erm, now?

Barring this year the teams after steadily declined . I wouldnt go as far as to say none of the players cared barring the season we went down. 

But when Mon then Houllier left we just started getting worse and worse 

On 26/01/2018 at 02:52, El-Reacho said:

It appears to be better now than it has been - but the team O'Neill had after two or three transfer windows was packed with players with strong character and leadership: Friedel, Mellberg, Laursen, Barry, Carew, and Petrov. The overall team had a clear character to it aswell with experience and Viking physicality at the back with youth and pace up front with Gabby, Young etc.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Barring this year the teams after steadily declined . I wouldnt go as far as to say none of the players cared barring the season we went down. 

But when Mon then Houllier left we just started getting worse and worse 

I think you're missing DDID play on words

On 26/01/2018 at 01:03, El-Reacho said:

This was the last time a Villa side had any real character to it.

Read this again

:D

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Does anyone know if there is any movement on this yet?

Big Tone hanst been active on twitter. Was thinking if anyone on twitter can message Wyness instead as he will be more familiar with mellberg and carew surely? 

I have to say, we’d be pissing ourselves and branding them small time if small Heath did something similar and paraded Geoff horsefield and stern John ahead of a derby game (both had good records against us in that bad period of results)

both Carew and Mellberg were great players but shouldn’t be defined by their derby performances. They were both better than that. 

• Like 2

Â