Pre-match thread

KJT123

Better defend better against bloody Donaldson this time. Thankfully it wont be jedinak as that was the difference when we played them earlier this season. 

Good to get this game out the way early as well. This leaves only Fulham away as toughie on paper with the rivals coming to us

14 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

If Jedinak is fit, I think he starts. We're playing away to a very good side, so I don't think this is the best time to tinker with the line-up.

I am not sure jedinak was cack laat time might be on his mind. Id give a spot on the bench to him. Think bjarnason should keep his spot for now

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I am not sure jedinak was cack laat time might be on his mind. Id give a spot on the bench to him. Think bjarnason should keep his spot for now

Birkir has done decently well, but I worry against better opposition, he will get exposed. 

Jedinak may be slow and old, but our record with him starting is pretty great. I think it's 2-3 losses since last season. I feel more confident with Jedinak starting. 

• Like 1

Johnson

Elmohamady---Terry---Chester---Hutton

Snodgrass---Hourihane---Tuanzebe---Adomah

Grealish

Hogan

I'd put Tuanzebe straight in, get as many minutes as we can out of him, he was obviously brought in for a reason and the quicker he plays, the quicker he gels with his team=mates/

Bjarnason may be unlucky to lose his place, but if what's been said is to be believed, Axel should be of a higher quality than Bjarnason and offer more.

I'd have Bjarnason on the bench as he can offer a few positional options coming on from there to inject some energy that may be required late on.

Even with Jedinak fit I'd have him on the bench, ease him back in but also the same applies to him in my opinion as does to Bjarnason in comparison to Tuanzebe.

Hopefully, we have learned from the previous fixture to stay firm at the back and with Terry being there that side of things should be better than the 2-2.

I shall say 3-0 with Hogan, Grealish and Hutton finally getting a goal.

:flag:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Birkir has done decently well, but I worry against better opposition, he will get exposed. 

Jedinak may be slow and old, but our record with him starting is pretty great. I think it's 2-3 losses since last season. I feel more confident with Jedinak starting. 

best think about Thor's game in DM is his positioning... he doesn't sit too deep like Whelan and seems to intercept passes often..  Id keep starting him until he gives us a reason to bench him

12 minutes ago, Skills said:

best think about Thor's game in DM is his positioning... he doesn't sit too deep like Whelan and seems to intercept passes often..  Id keep starting him until he gives us a reason to bench him

I think whatever Thor can do, Axel can do and more, from what I hear.

• Like 1

Souns like Bjarnason starts if Bruce's comments are anything to go by;

"Usually I’m very fair to people who have done well for me so that gives you a hint."

Am anxious to see Tuanzebe play after all the hype, but lets hope whoever plays we start like we did last time out, and last time against tonights opponents 

I'm just hopeful we don't puncture a winning run by changing things up to suit a loan player. I'm not at all against seeing Tuanzebe at DM, although I think Bjarnason deserves a chance to continue - I would be against Chester being benched or a change of formation. I'm fairly sure we're not daft enough to do that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm just hopeful we don't puncture a winning run by changing things up to suit a loan player. I'm not at all against seeing Tuanzebe at DM, although I think Bjarnason deserves a chance to continue - I would be against Chester being benched or a change of formation. I'm fairly sure we're not daft enough to do that.

Bruce kept the same lineup even after like 10 games in a month and we were doing poorly in December. I doubt he'll change it now after 10 days of rest and a 4 game winning streak.

• Like 1

I had such a strange dream. The pitch was ridiculous. Like a waste disposal site. It was all over the place. Players were having to climb mounds and things to get the ball and avoid falling in holes. We had loads of first team players missing and they scored from practically the first kick of the game. Steer was in goal and he fumbled a weak shot. I woke up at half time thankfully.