Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Barnsley

limpid

Match Polls  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/01/18 at 15:00

5 minutes ago, clayton8321 said:

Wonder if Wolves will start to feel pressure of having large lead only to see clubs like Villa slowly pecking away at it.........hope is a very good thing...

They are still 12 points ahead running away with it. Forget wolves we are not catching them. But 2nd is definitely achievable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Great first 60 minutes but Barnsley did a great job of closing us down after the 60th minute. After that I suspect Johnston was the busiest man on the pitch, making some quality saves and receiving a ridiculous amount of backpasses. Bruc should have subbed Hogan for Davis in the 70th, giving us someone to hold it up for us. Having said that, the first half especially was a thing of beauty, with Hogan, Adomah, Snoddy and Grealish running riot, with able support from Bjarnarson and the two full backs. Grealish is the nucleus of our attack and has been superb for the past month or so. 

Hogan was chasing a hattrick though. I wouldn't have taken him off either with our comfortable lead. I think we did fine even with the couple of scares. We had a lot of those as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

They are still 12 points ahead running away with it. Forget wolves we are not catching them. But 2nd is definitely achievable

4 more defeats for them and 4 wins for us and its game on.  not out of the question based on their performance today.

• Like 1

I expected a win, so not surprised. But still very satisfying.

Did our damnedest to let them back in; when are we going to stop doing that. It's ridiculous.

But third now, temporarily at least, so job done. Looking at automatic at this stage.

Really pleased for Hogan; always thought he had it in him. Grealish was superb, as was Johnstone.

• Like 1

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

4 more defeats for them and 4 wins for us and its game on.  not out of the question based on their performance today.

And in the real world that won't happen. It could be I can't see it myself

18 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

4 on the bounce - not bad Brucey. We're going up aren't we?

It's looking good at the moment but this is villa so take nothing for granted until we have the mythical '(R)' after our name in the league table. 

Edited by villa89

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Let's just worry about getting second. We won't be catching wolves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

And in the real world that won't happen. It could be I can't see it myself

no its def unlikely but its exciting enough to want to believe it could happen.

in SBs position id be using it as a carrot to get more out of the players

• Like 2

Â