Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Barnsley

limpid

Match Polls  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/01/18 at 15:00

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Grealish is missing in the man of the match poll, which I think he deserves.

Superb first half, dreadful second. Points are all that matters.

Thought the same. He would have my vote. Was immense for us today.

Very satisfied. Now it is all beginning to look promising. Jon done 2 more for Scott, terrific. As for divergent halves it's not just us. See Arsenal 4 up after 20 min, final score r-1. Maintaining such goalscoring vigour very very rarely is repeated in both halves. I would have loved a 4th but there we go. 

• Like 2

Yeah Grealish MOTM for me so can't vote yet, Understandably lower key second half, but even saying that we started bright and the move on 50 minutes would have been our goal of the season. The pass from Grealish to Adomah was inch perfect, beautifully weighted ball.

Still yet to play at our highest level in both halves of a match but to be fair we didn't need to today, We looked really good at times, not like a bunch of talented randoms, but a proper team.

• Like 2

Thor was not perfect, but for me close enough to get the automatic start at DM.  Very, very good bar an occasional misplaced pass.  But other options there have been misplacing passes, too.  He brings much more energy to the role and it shows in us moving the ball more quickly.  

• Like 3

Only caught the second half, oh well.

Fairly sloppy in places, we were our own worst enemy at times. Still, we regained composure and rode it out. 

Delighted for Hogan, delighted for the team, delighted for Bruce.

Bring on the next match.

Â