2018 Holiday Plans

TheAuthority

Will  hit one of the Greek islands in June as I love them, we try and do a different one each year.

I have two weeks off in September too but I have no idea where to go in September so any advice would be welcome :D

Also a short break to Dubrovnik planned.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m off to Peru in July.

Very active, hiking, cycling and canoeing. Taking in Rainbow Mountains, Machu Picchu and the Amazon. Going with a travel group for the first time so will be interesting to see how it goes.

Managed to persuade a couple of the lads to eventually renew their passport so hoping to get to Barcelona and watch a game towards the end of the year.

the train to MP from Cusco  is very scenic and well worth doing , maybe just hike it one way  if you hadn't already considered it

19 minutes ago, KHV said:

I have two weeks off in September too but I have no idea where to go in September so any advice would be welcome :D

Old Trafford and the Emirates watching Villa play   (assuming both manage to stay up this season :) )

On 22/01/2018 at 17:36, tonyh29 said:

Old Trafford and the Emirates watching Villa play   (assuming both manage to stay up this season :) )

As much as I love seeing villa get beat in the premier league, we have decided on Skiathos in June and Cape Verde in September :)

just booked our October holiday to Gran Canaria AGAIN. Campa international Maspalomas 

We try to have one sight seeing holiday (Santorini in June) and a late sitting in the sun resting and chilling. 

Love it there, always warm and sunny, great café and bar culture, live and let live and not too pricey 

Some progress on the finally tick Europe off plan

Macedonia and Kosovo booked today as a slight detour to Eater in Hungary with the In-Laws

(€9 inc taxes to fly Prishtina to Budapest  , outrageous !! )

and , Belarus with my lad in May , we are going to do some WW II stuff as he's heavily into tanks and stuff courtesy of World of tanks and Call of Duty !!

• Like 1

First half of 2018 coming in to place now :)

Started 2018 off   with a Belgium roadtrip late Dec and Jan. Some lovely places - Ghent, Bruges and Brussels.

Off to India for my 4th trip there end of Feb...Delhi, Varanasi and Marutha over 11 days. 

Roadtrip to Edinburgh over Easter.

4 day trip to Genoa beginning of May to take in Sampdoria v Napoli.

Back to Hong Kong and Thailand end of May. 

No new countries but some of my favourites. 

Hope to go to Albania in September. 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2018 at 17:15, KHV said:

Will  hit one of the Greek islands in June as I love them, we try and do a different one each year.

Also a short break to Dubrovnik planned.

Have you been to Pefkos or Rhodes in general?We usually do Marmaris but we're thinking of branching out.

7 hours ago, Derryvillan said:

Have you been to Pefkos or Rhodes in general?We usually do Marmaris but we're thinking of branching out.

Yes I have visited Rhodes and stayed in Pefkos.

Pefkos was really nice (it's been about 10 years!). It was a fairly quiet village when I was there, there were plenty of restaurants and bars there though which is what I like. The beach was nice. I would strongly recommend car hire on Rhodes as it's quite large and there are loads of places to go and lots of archaeological sites to see if you like that sort of thing? (I do). Lindos is fairly close and worth a visit and Rhodes Town is a must see too. It's a world heritage site.

Plenty of stunning beaches and resorts to visit that are not too much of a drive. The only place I wouldn't recommend is Faliraki, if pissed up rowdy british people is something you enjoy then by all means give it a go, it's not my scene these days.

I would strongly recommend Rhodes

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Yes I have visited Rhodes and stayed in Pefkos.

Pefkos was really nice (it's been about 10 years!). It was a fairly quiet village when I was there, there were plenty of restaurants and bars there though which is what I like. The beach was nice. I would strongly recommend car hire on Rhodes as it's quite large and there are loads of places to go and lots of archaeological sites to see if you like that sort of thing? (I do). Lindos is fairly close and worth a visit and Rhodes Town is a must see too. It's a world heritage site.

Plenty of stunning beaches and resorts to visit that are not too much of a drive. The only place I wouldn't recommend is Faliraki, if pissed up rowdy british people is something you enjoy then by all means give it a go, it's not my scene these days.

I would strongly recommend Rhodes

Nice one,cheers.

• 3 months later...

Might be going back to North Korea in Sept  - its the 70th anniversary of the DPRK  so military parade , fireworks and mass games planned  ... taking Tonyh Jnr with me as he's keen to see it all .. who knows might be the last chance to see it the way it is now before Starbucks get there !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Santorini for me and Mrs T, couple of days after Wembley

Santorini is one of the most exceptional places on earth.

If anybody is looking for things to do: 

- wine tasting at Santo Wines.

- Explore Oia 

- walk along the coast st Thera (Fira) - lots of steps up and down. 

- grab a boat over to Thirasia. (Sunset cruise or something) 

- check out the Akrotiri Archeological site. 

• Thanks 1

On 18/05/2018 at 10:25, Tayls said:

Stockholm for me in July for a long weekend. Any tips or tricks? 

all depends what you are looking to do. If lads weekend then start saving but if going for family or quiet trip then it should be ok sightseeing

Off to Belarus on Sunday with Tonyh Jnr  -  note to self don't get pissed up in Wembley and miss the train home

Would have preferred it as a lads do destination as I think it has a bit to offer , but at least this way I get to explore a lot more  , Monday we are off down to the Stalin Line to drive around on a tank and fire a machine gun ( don't tell his mum !!)

and North Korea is now booked for Sept .... Can't wait for his where did you go in your summer holidays discussion in school :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Asia is pretty much nailed on now for November. Looking at starting (and ending) in Bangkok, but open to ideas where to go inbetween. I guess it depends on what flights go out of Bangkok on any given day. Will probably want to chill out somewhere for a bit. 

Â