NFL Team in England

maqroll

i wouldnt support a london team but id probably carry on going to games and ticking off watching star players (last year was larry)

to be fair to the NFL they seem to keep on making minor (and sometimes major) tweaks to each series of games, the market data they must be pulling in must be extensive, no divisional games this year but theres the new smaller stadium, theres 2 west coast teams (for only the 3rd time) and there will no doubt be 3 different kick off times

20 hours ago, Hornso said:

What if it was based out of London/Wembley but the franchise was called the British Bulldogs or something similar?

I think it would attract more support for sure. 

6 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

if they do put a team in london, would the NFL have to change their name to the IFL?

oooh, now there is a blast from the MMA past :D

6gJZHbN.jpg

On 15/01/2018 at 15:24, StefanAVFC said:

Why would I feel more affiliation to a team with London in the name, than I would for a team with Seattle in the name?

I'm as much from London as I am from Seattle.

What about the "Old England Jaguars"

I think it's been the plan for sometime now for the Jags to move to London. Once Spurs's stadium is built then everything they need will be in place. The issue they will have is that they will have to play ~4 games at home in a row and then 4 on the road and so on but it's nothing that can't be overcome. 

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think it's been the plan for sometime now for the Jags to move to London. Once Spurs's stadium is built then everything they need will be in place. The issue they will have is that they will have to play ~4 games at home in a row and then 4 on the road and so on but it's nothing that can't be overcome. 

Why 4 straight at home etc.?

Jags to London was only ever on the cards when the team was knocking out losing seasons in front of one man  and his gator.  

You don't do the things Khan has done if you're thinking about moving. He considers himself an American and he loves the city and the city love him back .

The Wembley home games were nothing more than a genius marketing ploy to get in early and snag uncommitted NFL fans in the UK.

"The most audacious part of Khan’s plan: international expansion. The easiest move would be to flee to the greener pastures of Los Angeles. But as with running a Rust Belt manufacturer, Khan seems eager to defy the odds and stay put (he says he is “committed to Jacksonville”). Borrowing from the Flex-N-Gate handbook, he sees foreign growth potential as a way to do that. Specifically, he wants to make the Jaguars into a global brand, last month securing a “home game” in London each season for four years starting in 2013. “One of the good things is they don’t have a team loyalty,” says Khan, “so we get a chance by being the first team presented; hopefully we can get them.”

Full article here.

Now that the city has a decent team and big crowds again you can call the time of death on any Jags to London move as being quite some time ago.

It would have to be an expansion team . I'm not sure UK fans would accept being the MK Dons of the league  . Would UK fans swap their current team for a team that just shat all over it's former city ?  

Â