Pre match thread

roonst83

Derby result was great last night

It's a wonderful opportunity to make up some points against a pretty poor Barnsley team

We should win this comfortably

I predict 1-2 to Barnsley

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think we are turning into an away side again. We might struggle to break this lot down. Hopefully we will nick another win though. I fancy Grealish might get a goal- he recent form certainly merits that.

An away side that won their last home game 5-0 :huh:

10 minutes ago, Stevomanila said:

Trying to register for this on AVTV but cannot see a video option...is it cos it's on BeIn Sport? V annoying if so. Hopefully a decent stream later though- is that our only chance?!

Not shown on AVTV tonight mate cuz of international broadcast. There should be a stream though, albeit potentially crappy. 

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 10:59, Robtaylor200 said:

Happy Birthday. It was my 60th last week, Mrs T had arranged a London week end trip. So I had to follow the Forest game by txt message from my son. Still I was sitting in a nice French restaurant in Covent Gardens 

You don't look old enough.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Not shown on AVTV tonight mate cuz of international broadcast. There should be a stream though, albeit potentially crappy. 

Yeah i've just printed off a list of all the channels its on (84 countries, 20 odd broadcasters) so good chance to get it.

Interestingly Bet365 is listed as one of them, so it should be easy enough to find for anyone not able to get to Villa Park today.

• Like 1

I’m away for the weekend with the wife, the last weekend away before our first baby is due in March. 

Lovely, but it will make following the game hard, I’ll probably just have to check the sky sports app every so often :( 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Look at the recent records of the two teams; look at the respective league positions.

If we do not win this one there is no excuse.

Football doesn't work that way, in fairness.

If the ref gives them 2 pens that weren't and sends our players off for nothing, would that excuse not suffice? 

Will be a good barometer to gauge our automatic promotion chances today. Got a lot of the hard work done  in terms of the last 3 games that were all tricky on paper.  

Whenever we get ourselves in a position like this with a home game like this to capitalise on, we've been known to take our foot off the pedal and not show up. But I think tbf to Bruce, our mental strength is finally beginning to improve, if the way we managed that forest game is anything to go by

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If the ref gives them 2 pens that weren't and sends our players off for nothing, would that excuse not suffice? 

If that happens, get back to me after the match and we shall have a chat about it.

35 minutes ago, lexicon said:

that would be a quite exceptional set of circumstances. Barring us playing the match with 9 men from 20 minutes etc. then yes we should win. Even if they go uber defensive, we should still have enough to get one in their net