Pre match thread

roonst83

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-injuries-barnsley-stream-14166214

Doubts on Jedi and Whelan, which to be honest I'm not the worried about. A start for Thor at CDM I think would be good even if the weren't injured, might give us some more attacking football. Might be a blessing in diguise.

• Like 1

On 16/01/2018 at 10:07, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'd start BB in place of Whelan based on his performance last week. Deserved start. People need to see that if they come on and impress then they're in contention to start games rather than the same starting 11 being picked regardless. Give the guys something to work towards and we'll be all the better for it.

BB? 

Bjarnson, Bannan or Balaban?

I remember reading elsewhere before the reverse game, a fan said they weren't concerned about us because we were kittens, then we beat them 3 zip.

Maybe they should opt to play in the brown pants, because I am thinking a whuppin' is coming their way.

I think I’d go with:

Johnstone

Elmo   Terry   Chester    Hutton

Jedinak

Snoddy  Hourinane Grealish Adomah

Hogan

I think Hutton has earned his left back position, I would have our Taylor there but we’re winning and Hutton has done well.

Everybody else has also earned their start. Come on you Villa boys!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I’d go with:

Johnstone

Elmo   Terry   Chester    Hutton

Jedinak

Snoddy  Hourinane Grealish Adomah

Hogan

I think Hutton has earned his left back position, I would have our Taylor there but we’re winning and Hutton has done well.

Everybody else has also earned their start. Come on you Villa boys!!

That is team id go with and i would rather have bjarnason on the bench as DM as opposed to whelan.

• Like 1

Wolves doidnt manage a shot on target against these, and that was at home.

Its no great detective work to see how these will approach the game so i dont know if Jedi or whelan will be needed.

Would keep Thor on here as he offers more going forward.