• Adomah
    • Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Bjarnason (Whelan 45)
    • Davis (Hogan 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/01/18 at 15:00

Average first half (both teams were dire)

Very solid second half, looked comfortable and Forest never looked like threatening. 

Thor coming in at HT made us much more mobile and able to press more, Forest also tired from the way they played in the 1st half which helped.

Not a sparkling performance but a very well executed away game to a tricky, but on the day sloppy opponent.

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

In all seriousness I wouldn't expect a Bruce side to be 4-1 up against that Man City side.

neither would I ....just a bit of banter.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 06:27, Vive_La_Villa said:

Very good professional away performance. Maybe could have kept ball better after scoring but to be fair Forest really went for it and were never going to be able to press that way for the whole game. 

Motm for me was Thor. Superb DM performance in that second half. 

I do have a criticism of Davis though. When you bring a striker on with fresh legs I would expect him to really pressure the centre halves when they have the ball. Was very disappointed to see him jogging around while they passed it around at the back. 

But All in all great win. 

to be fair to him, by the stage he came on we were sitting deep closing the game out so there was no point closing their centre halves and leaving a gap behind him

Different if we were chasing the game

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 01:00, robby b said:

I just watched the highlights on AVTV and when Hogan scores the commentator sounds like he's a Forest fan. :(

He actually manages to sound like he's not pleased when we score, it's the same every week. How about a bit of happiness and enthusiasm when we score a goal? Shouldn't the AVTV commentator be a Villa fan? Is he not a Villa fan? And when we're in a great, dangerous, attacking position how about a bit more enthusiasm then too? Ok so Jack Woodward was a bit over the top and a bit Alan Partridge but his love and passion for VIlla was clear.

the sky commentator was much of the same... commented on how Villa weren't able to beat the stronger teams and got their wins over the 'lesser likes'  coming off wins against Bristol and Boro I thought that was a bit rich

Â