• Adomah
    • Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Bjarnason (Whelan 45)
    • Davis (Hogan 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/01/18 at 15:00

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wasn’t so impressed with the individual negative nancies on here who spent the entire game complaining about how shit we were but I suppose we just have to accept that is the way the world is now.

Learn to Ignore if they bother you, I have found it works good.

I think many of the negative nancies have, comprehended if you will what a valuable 3 points they where.

Prior to tonight, I had never seen Villa win whenever I watched a game this season. I was worried I would put the kibosh on it.

Not a bad game, a good defensive effort. Forest looked woeful in attack. Brucie made all the right moves with the subs.

Happiness and bliss today. Yay.

Big win.

I was quietly confident about us being able to get a result today. The fact that we were on Sky worried me purely because of how much that dire Brentford performance is still in my mind but the new manager arrival for Forest and the fact they beat Arsenal didn’t worry me. We’re much better away from home, have shown against Sunderland and Boro that we can beat teams with new managers and showed against Bristol City that an epic cup win against a giant team doesn’t necessarily prevent us getting the win. 

I did expect us at 0-1 to keep pushing like we did against Bristol and if we grabbed the second goal I felt we’d run out comfortable (with it without scoring any more) but we’re better than Forest, Lichijh will never score two goals again in a game in his life and we’re on the back of two decent league games (cup game last week didn’t worry me for today but was disappointing to lose, all the same). We didn’t play that well going forwards but didn’t need to in the end as we controlled the pace of game in the second half and were very very solid at the back. 

Bruce’s tactic to win the game is keep a clean sheet. When we manage that we have showed we can win games. We need to stay in the mix for playoffs and keep pushing for an unlikely slip up from Derby and an unlikely (in my opinion) chance to grab second. 

Whilst I fear how we would’ve won tonight without Hogan’s very brave header (although Terry was unlucky) we defended so well it’s got to be pleasing to show that we are resolute when we need.

Just a note on Hogan. I am very confident he would score goals in the Prem (for any team). He just needs the right players and system around him. Like him a lot and so pleased he got our winner. He links up excellently with our better footballing players (Grealish and Hourihane, essentially, as well as Snoddy when he delivered as well as he did today) and I so so hope his confidence is rising high, he stays clear of injuries and continues to show, what I am absolutely certain, he can do.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, wedge said:

When is one of those luscious curling Grealish efforts going to find the top bin?

I'm confident he'll bag it pretty soon. Been a bit unlucky, like Green was prior to his first as of late.

Who would have thought Thor looking more than decent in DM role.:)

Great and important result with the Villa now breathing down the neck of Derby.

Bruce got everything right today so he deserves the plaudits.

Â