• Adomah
    • Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Bjarnason (Whelan 45)
    • Davis (Hogan 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/01/18 at 15:00

I've been saying for a lot of this season that too many people have been say that it is about results and not performances, the entertainment value has been seriously lacking.

Today was a must win game for me though, performance didn't matter, points did.

As it is we got the result and didn't put in a bad performance, not the most exciting game but it was well played by the Villa.

2 minutes ago, Juju said:

Clean sheet, against a team coming off a big win against Arsenal, who are all playing for their places for a new manager.   Professional, if not always the prettiest.  The game could have been another 30 minutes, and I don't think they'd have scored. Sometimes if you can watch a game, not as a "fan", then the last 20 mins are a bit less nervy.

Hello stranger!

Very good professional away performance. Maybe could have kept ball better after scoring but to be fair Forest really went for it and were never going to be able to press that way for the whole game. 

Motm for me was Thor. Superb DM performance in that second half. 

I do have a criticism of Davis though. When you bring a striker on with fresh legs I would expect him to really pressure the centre halves when they have the ball. Was very disappointed to see him jogging around while they passed it around at the back. 

But All in all great win. 

• Like 1

We are playing some good stuff, just not 100% clicking yet, but very happy with the performance. I gave Hogan MOTM for his goal and for the 100% effort he put in chasing down defenders etc. Grealish and Snoddy also fantastic. Thor looked pretty good also.

Only real disappointment for me was Snoddy's corners & free kicks. Not enough threat from them apart from the one Terry smashed into the bar.

And I thought Forest were really quite dirty. Alber could have had his ankle broken with that "tackle" in the first half and Thor copped a deliberate elbow in the second.  

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

A proper Steve Bruce style win.

Indeed, mostly ugly, well organised off the ball, mostly shit with it. A really good spell start of the second half but otherwise really, really, really need to do better with the ball. We clearly had better players than them, but at only 1 goal in front they had the opportunity to ruin our day a few times. 

It's all the more frustrating because we showed for 15 minutes start of the second half the level we are capable of with the ball but we so rarely do it. We should be aiming for that level for 90 minutes on a good week. I've not seen us get anywhere 90 minutes at that level, even the Bristol City game we didn't turn up till at least 20 mins gone.

That said, the 3 points is enormous given the other results and if Bruce keeps getting 3 points when we really need it then who knows.

• Like 2

Â