Gaming collections / merchandise

hogso

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I just impulse bought Final Fantasy's 7-9. The prices aren't too crazy yet, and I wanted to experience putting in the various CD's instead of emulating on my PSP as I was initially planning to do. All of a sudden I have a little PS1 collection. There's something about the black label jewel cases that just looks great on a shelf too.

I’ve brought FF games on so many different consoles I’m sure I’m keeping them in business

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I’ve brought FF games on so many different consoles I’m sure I’m keeping them in business

Now that I think of it, so have I. I actually already have 7-9 on the Switch :lol:. 10 and 12 on the PS2 and 13 on the PS3...and even 4 on the PSP (which is actually superb). I'm planning to go through all of them, I've only ever played bits and pieces here and there over the years.

When I unpacked after moving and set up a little FF shelf, I was quite surprised by some repeats on various systems I have - FFX PAL PS2, X-2 NTSC PS2, X-2 PAL PS2, X / X-2 HD PS3, and X / X-2 HD PS4...I don't even like X and X-2 that much. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Lunar Silver Star Story Complete bundle with the big hardcover guide book and the cloth map is just lovely. Can't wait to properly sit down with this game. Localization is kinda wonky but I love it, it transports me to a certain era. The "Un-Working Designs" hacks have their place though but this'll always be my go to.

• 1 month later...

Finally got my hands on Xenosaga 3, completing the trilogy. Didn't think I'd ever see the day! Now to try and finish my Wild Arms collection...

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 14/02/2021 at 10:35, hogso said:

DF did a Wild Arms 5 stream recently. For reference;

I know DF videos are frequently shared here, so although you may have no interest in the game, what you do get at least is an awful lot of really in depth knowledge (although it is 5 hours long!). 

I was a fan of the Wild Arms series. I had the first and third games, with the first in particular being a really good PS1 JRPG, with an incredible soundtrack. The second game didn't have an European release, and the fourth game reviewed terribly so I didn't bother. By the time fifth, or should I say Vth, was out on PS2 (22/02/08), the PS3 had been out for almost a year, and although I still did buy PS2 games later than this (Persona 4 a year after Wild Arms 5 was released, believe it or not), this final game completely passed me by. 

By all accounts it's a proper AAA JRPG, and there's some speculation about what might have been had the game been released on PS3 instead of / as well as PS2. But it wasn't, and Wild Arms is now consigned to history. 

I was pointed in the direction of Price Charting and well...you're talking ~£60, which isn't extreme, but, the actual UK PAL version is like gold dust. Those available are all Italian or French. They play in English, but, I'd rather have the actual UK version. Beggers can't be choosers, I guess. 

I never did buy an Italian or French version of Wild Arms 5.

An English language cover version has been on eBay this week, and the auction ended earlier this evening. I wouldn't call this my 'holy grail' game, that's probably Chocobo Racing PAL PS1, but it's up there. So, did I get it? 

Screenshot-20220925-201148-com-ebay-mobi

Ah...no, I didn't. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Â