Gaming collections / merchandise

hogso

Inspired by @Paddywhack's Zelda pic, and far more interesting than an FF ranking thread, here's an opportunity to really prove how much of a **** nerd you are.

Here's my Suikoden collection. The first two games were released in small numbers for PAL regions, and still attract decent prices on ebay and such. Due to poor sales the third game wasn't released for PAL, hence the NTSC version here - it was the only English one. There have been games since the fifth game, on DS, but I don't have those. 

x21c08.jpg

I wanna see some really good shit. Not limited to the actual game itself, I'm talking figures, art books, plushies, and whatever else you may have either tucked away or proudly on display. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

I’ve got the first piece of my fledgling Zelda collection today, picked up a Collectors Edition box with the amiibo Twilight Princess HD. I’ve got BotW and a zelda glass. I plan on getting the Master Sword & Shield. Most of the cooler amiibos and whatnot.

• Like 1

I have a Twilight Princess Link by Figma on my desk.

I also have a collector's edition of Final Fantasy VIII, which I've had for years, still with t-shirt and sealed memory cart etc. This is worth a bit I think.

Woolly Yoshi amiibo.

Probably forgetting some things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogso said:

What exactly is an amiibo? 

Small figurine with an NFC chip in it. You touch it to your device in the correct place and if it's a supported amiibo, it'll do something in game, from unlocking skins in something like Mario Maker to giving bonus items and content.

Same idea as Skylanders really.

2ceq80y.jpg

This is Chilli and Lemon flavour 'Moogle Munch' popcorn - unopened of course. Got it as part of a goody bag at an FFXV promo event. If I had a moogle plush, I'd probably sit it on top :D

• Like 1

Pah, that's nothing. Here's what will really get your juices flowing (out of your cock) 

zyhhqe.jpg

All the main numbered games, bar one - FF 3, which I do own, but it was never released on a home console in Europe, so it isn't here. I should probably get the PSP version just to finish the set! 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

DF did a Wild Arms 5 stream recently. For reference;

I know DF videos are frequently shared here, so although you may have no interest in the game, what you do get at least is an awful lot of really in depth knowledge (although it is 5 hours long!). 

I was a fan of the Wild Arms series. I had the first and third games, with the first in particular being a really good PS1 JRPG, with an incredible soundtrack. The second game didn't have an European release, and the fourth game reviewed terribly so I didn't bother. By the time fifth, or should I say Vth, was out on PS2 (22/02/08), the PS3 had been out for almost a year, and although I still did buy PS2 games later than this (Persona 4 a year after Wild Arms 5 was released, believe it or not), this final game completely passed me by. 

By all accounts it's a proper AAA JRPG, and there's some speculation about what might have been had the game been released on PS3 instead of / as well as PS2. But it wasn't, and Wild Arms is now consigned to history. 

All this got me thinking about purchasing the game to see what I had missed out on - I'll be moving from a 2 bed flat to a 4 bed house soon, and negotiations for which of those rooms will be mine are ongoing - but I would like a space for my gaming stuff, and as I never sell/exchange any of it, there's rather a lot. 

I was pointed in the direction of Price Charting and well...you're talking ~£60, which isn't extreme, but, the actual UK PAL version is like gold dust. Those available are all Italian or French. They play in English, but, I'd rather have the actual UK version. Beggers can't be choosers, I guess. 

It got me thinking about other bits I do have in my collection. Legend of Dragoon (complete, PAL) is tracking at around £200, but I was most pleased to see that Suikoden 2 (complete, PAL, and honestly my copy is kinda mint condition) anything up to £300. 

Going to create an account and see if there are any other oddities I have which are worth keeping in good nick...the PS2 dothack quadrilogy come to mind. 

The one that is most curious to me is Rule of Rose, the history / fake controversy of which is worth looking up if you're unfamiliar. I've had an ebay search saved for years for that. Tracks at £400+ quid now! 

What you got? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Reading my original post and blimey, a lot has changed. It’s no longer a Zelda collection, it’s an everything collection and close to 350 games covering a lot of generations. 

Yup, looking that way for me too now over the years. I've become somewhat of a retro collector. I try not to pay an arm and a leg for games though, some of the prices are ridiculous. Anything more than what retail games currently go for is a no-go for me.

Like @hogsomentioned, Suikoden 2's price is absurd. It's actually cheaper for me to buy a PS3 and buy it on PSN for $10 (which is what I'll eventually do). GameCube games are all well over $50 now, and that includes the super common popular first party titles. I'd shudder to think what some of the rarer ones go for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Like @hogsomentioned, Suikoden 2's price is absurd. It's actually cheaper for me to buy a PS3 and buy it on PSN for $10 (which is what I'll eventually do). GameCube games are all well over $50 now, and that includes the super common popular first party titles. I'd shudder to think what some of the rarer ones go for.

According to Price Charting, in the PAL region the most valuable game is Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, at something like £190 CIB. Nice to see Skies of Arcadia Legends at about £80 too, one of the few GameCube games I bought. 

• Like 1

I should probably add a small update actually, as I added a bunch of my collection to Price Charting, just out of curiosity really. 

The biggest surprise by far was this, worth about £65 CIB. I don't even know why I have it, and I think I played it 2 or 3 times;

ps3-afrika-africa.png?auto=format&bg=0FF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hogso said:

I should probably add a small update actually, as I added a bunch of my collection to Price Charting, just out of curiosity really. 

The biggest surprise by far was this, worth about £65 CIB. I don't even know why I have it, and I think I played it 2 or 3 times;

ps3-afrika-africa.png?auto=format&bg=0FF

I think the most valuable game in my collection is Def Jam: Fight for NY for the PS2. No idea why it fetches the price it does, but it's funny because I got it for free when I was a kid. Actually now that I think of it, it stopped working and I had to go to Blockbuster to buy another copy. Halcyon days.

Ironically this is the best time ever to collect for the PS3. Most games are in the 5-10 bucks range. It seems 2 generations is the sweet spot for when something is started to be considered "old". Give it another generation and it'll become "retro" and prices will skyrocket.

20 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yup, looking that way for me too now over the years. I've become somewhat of a retro collector. I try not to pay an arm and a leg for games though, some of the prices are ridiculous. Anything more than what retail games currently go for is a no-go for me.

Didn't realise retro gaming was valuable. I've got my original NES and about 8 or 9 games in the cupboard. Even got Duck Hunt and the gun for it. Shame it doesn't work on modern tellies due to no glass screen. Might have to see if it's worth anything. 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Didn't realise retro gaming was valuable. I've got my original NES and about 8 or 9 games in the cupboard. Even got Duck Hunt and the gun for it. Shame it doesn't work on modern tellies due to no glass screen. Might have to see if it's worth anything. 

Yeah there's a huge market for it. You could probably sell your NES + the games for a couple of hundred. I'd still keep it though. I wish I still had my old NES, had to give it away years ago when I was leaving the country. 

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah there's a huge market for it. You could probably sell your NES + the games for a couple of hundred. I'd still keep it though. I wish I still had my old NES, had to give it away years ago when I was leaving the country. 

Got it out the cupboard for a few days about 8 years ago but haven't used it since. Think I drive myself insane trying to complete the original Mario as it didn't have a save function (or something like that). 

• Like 1

Â