Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

And if he signs and doesn't play a single game for the club because Konsa and Ming play every minute, so what? Job done as far as we are concerned?

again, not my point, i dont care, my point is i doubt manure would want him here if they thought he would just warm the bench.

Makes perfect sense. Gives us much needed quality cover and in the future we may improve further on the position. We desperately need a CB, the season starts in like 2 weeks but he already knows the club. Win win win. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok. Touche.

We get a damm good CB in for a season for nominal outlay.

I just hope we don't go back to patching up the squad with loans and free transfers.

I hope our owners don't react to probable departure of Jack the same way Lerner did after Barry. Realising a couple of hefty transfer windows wasn't going to get us top four and then losing interest.

These owners really don't strike me as the type to lose interest. I think they'll relish the challenge. I also think this could be the last season you see significant use of loans in as next summer the worst restrictions on us from FFP will be lifted (the overspend from the championship)

We all agree we need another CB as back up for Konsa and Mings. A loan signing may not seem to appealing, but i would imagine it's relatively cheap deal.

For me, it makes sense because having already spent 70m, and hopefully some more to come, we dont want to be spending another Xmillion on a third choice player when we've already spent so much this season. Fills the gap in the squad and pushes the required expenditure down the road to when clubs wont be trying to fleece us for Grealish money + balance the FFP books a bit

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

why would manure let him come on loan here to sit on the bench, he wont dislodge Mings or Konsa, and Maure will want him to play so they can inflate his price so they can sell him next summer.

Also, check his injury record, he is the defensive version of Davis, he's made of glass.

big no thanks.

Unless he's coming to be backup/cover, but i just cant see him or manure being happy with that.

He is coming as backup. United played him 500 minutes the last 2 seasons or something like that. He should get more here if Konsa gets suspended and he plays in Cup games.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

He is coming as backup. United played him 500 minutes the last 2 seasons or something like that. He should get more here if Konsa gets suspended and he plays in Cup games.

then great.

Would be delighted with this as a loan. Not sure we can improve on Mings and Konsa right now. Hause did well last year when he came in but we were fortunate with injuries. We need four centre halves and this plugs that gap. Not sold on his injury record so a loan works for me. We can either then look again in Jan or next summer. If he stays fit and plays a decent role hopefully we'd be able to do a decent deal when he only has a year left on his contract at Man U. Seems a good deal all round.

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is very strange.

Agreed. He did great for us when he was here but his injury record is horrific. 

him signing a one year deal at utd makes it even stranger

i dont think we have a valid alternative, which to be fair 4th choice CB is probably a hard sales pitch

we have no alternative in the youth team either IMO certainly not for another 2 or even 3 years 

so at least we've done better than the Bruce years and at least got a body in

This will be a very unpopular post but oh well, as a loan signing I can understand it to an extent, providing it is very cheap but lets be honest, the dude has spent half his career on loan to us and the other half injured or warming the bench.

I like him but this is just a wholly uninspired and unimaginative signing, I'm in very much the same boat with Tammy.

Surely it is a case of either shit or get of the pot with these pair, we don't want to be going down the loan route, I know people have a soft spot for them from their previous spells with us in the championship but I just struggle to get excited whatsoever about either of them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

him signing a one year deal at utd makes it even stranger

i dont think we have a valid alternative, which to be fair 4th choice CB is probably a hard sales pitch

we have no alternative in the youth team either IMO certainly not for another 2 or even 3 years 

so at least we've done better than the Bruce years and at least got a body in

He didn't. Man United triggered the automatic 1 year extension.

The extension to his Man Utd deal means that his contract ends in 2023, so at the end of his loan, if he joins he will only have one year left on his United deal, the man reason for the one year contract extension is obviously just so they don't lose him on a free at the end of next season after his loan finishes.

• Thanks 1

Â