Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

An option to buy would be nice, but regardless it's a nice easy solve to a complicated problem. Namely how do you bring a quality defender in when your starting pairing are already international quality? He also gives us options to switch to 3 at the back or use Tuanzebe or Konsa at right back when required. He knows the city, the club, the gaffer, some of the squad and we know him. Simple, no fuss, get it done. 

Oh and...

THEY SEE HIM PLAYING FOOTBALL WITH HIS HEAD AND WITH HIS FEET

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

Why is he swapping one bench for another at 23? It's a good signing for us, I just don't understand it for him. There is no way he's forcing Konsa or Mings out of the side.

If he’s down to his last 12 months on his contract, Tufnell the loan fee, £5m apparently, is more or less buying him on the cheap if we agree a deal. At 23 he still has plenty of time to develop, provided his injuries can be sorted out. We know him, he knows us so there must be something in it for both parties. 

why would manure let him come on loan here to sit on the bench, he wont dislodge Mings or Konsa, and Maure will want him to play so they can inflate his price so they can sell him next summer.

Also, check his injury record, he is the defensive version of Davis, he's made of glass.

big no thanks.

Unless he's coming to be backup/cover, but i just cant see him or manure being happy with that.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

why would manure let him come on loan here to sit on the bench, he wont dislodge Mings or Konsa, and Maure will want him to play so they can inflate his price so they can sell him next summer.

Also, check his injury record, he is the defensive version of Davis, he's made of glass.

big no thanks.

Unless he's coming to be backup/cover, but i just cant see him or manure being happy with that.

I'm not sure I understand this. You don't want him because you think he's too good for our bench? 

What kinda logic?

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm not sure I understand this. You don't want him because you think he's too good for our bench? 

What kinda logic?

i didnt say that, i said Manure will want him to play so they can inflate his price and sell him next season, my point was, i dont see him or manure wanting him to be sitting on our bench, which is probably what would happen.

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

How many loans have we got in? 

Ok. Touche.

We get a damm good CB in for a season for nominal outlay.

I just hope we don't go back to patching up the squad with loans and free transfers.

I hope our owners don't react to probable departure of Jack the same way Lerner did after Barry. Realising a couple of hefty transfer windows wasn't going to get us top four and then losing interest.

Edited by hippo

Yep feeling positive about this. We need cover, knows a few of the squad & staff, and relatively inexpensive which means we can review a permanent option for the following season and allocate our not insignificant funds elsewhere more readily.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i didnt say that, i said Manure will want him to play so they can inflate his price and sell him next season, my point was, i dont see him or manure wanting him to be sitting on our bench, which is probably what would happen.

And if he signs and doesn't play a single game for the club because Konsa and Ming play every minute, so what? Job done as far as we are concerned?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok. Touche.

We get a damm good CB in for a season for nominal outlay.

I just hope we don't go back to patching up the squad with loans and free transfers.

I hope our owners don't react to probable departure of Jack the same way Lerner did after Barry. Realising a couple of hefty transfer windows wasn't going to get us top four and then losing interest.

I do agree. Loans to survive when we have no money isn’t the way we want to work and we don’t. The right loan, for a given set of circumstances can sometimes be a good option, but I don’t think we will see too many. 

• Like 1

Â