Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Imagine coming, permanently.

When we finish above Man Utd this season, we might be able to tempt him to come ;) 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Delighted to see him play well. Was gutted we didn't sign him, would have been a real coup (same with Tammy)

However we may not have signed Konsa so not a bad replacement! Would have liked both though! 

I think konsa is better than him. But would have liked him here to foght it out with mings and konsa. Certainly  better than hause

On 22/10/2020 at 12:17, villalad21 said:

I think Axel is better than Mings but i think Konsa is better than Axel.

Would i trade Axel with Mings? No. Axel is never fit, not worth it.

I agree with this, he's a better player technically, he's injuries are a factor but for Ming's is a leader and has a great attitude and for that alone I would rather have Ming's .Konsa is better than the pair of them and hopefully he can learn the leadership skills from Ming's .

Hasn't really played enough football to judge him for me. He might turn out a good player if he stays fit. But judging him on half a season in the Championship and the odd game for Manure is a bit difficult. Pretty much anyone can come in and play a great game, doing it consistently is a different thing. Especially with the pressure that Manure adds.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Was dropped again after being one of the best players vs psg.

Oles .management of him has been useless

They kept a clean sheet and Lindelöf got MOTM in a couple papers so can't really complain too much

4 minutes ago, sne said:

They kept a clean sheet and Lindelöf got MOTM in a couple papers so can't really complain too much

The game was so bad i think i could have gone in defence and kept a clean sheet

A game with very lil opportunities 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Very odd move if there's truth in this.

Having another CB is great for us, and I'd rate him better than Hause, but even if they're the same level having two of them to rest Mings + Konsa for cups etc, is not a bad option to have, as well as a CB o nthe bench if a starter is injured.

It just doesn't make sense from the player or Man United's perspective. At his age, you'd think there'd be a desire to have him in a first 11 even at a lower level. There's no way he's displacing a fit Mings or Konsa.

Edited by Davkaus

https://theathletic.com/news/axel-tuanzebe-manchester-united-transfer/wRbnlM7oWt8B

Aston Villa are close to signing Axel Tuanzebe on loan for the season.

The Manchester United defender has been looking for a new club after the arrival of Raphael Varane and it is expected he will rejoin Villa, where he enjoyed two impressive loan spells between 2018 and 2019.

Dean Smith, Tuanzebe's manager for that period, has been keen to get him back to provide cover at centre-back and right-back and discussions have progressed positively. The 23-year-old has been made available by United due to a surplus of defenders, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer feeling Tuanzebe will benefit from regular football.

Tuanzebe made his United debut in January 2017 and his Premier League debut in May of the same year. He has since made 19 league appearances for them.

The most impressive part of his senior career arguably came at Villa. His second loan spell, during the 2018-19 season, saw him make 25 Championship appearances as Villa won promotion to the Premier League. He played the full 90 minutes of their win over Derby County in the play-off final.

What will Tuanzebe's role be at Villa?

While United want him to play regularly, whether that comes immediately at Villa Park remains to be seen, with Tyrone Mings, Ezri Konsa, and Matty Cash performing well in the positions Tuanzebe is earmarked for. Smith does not see Tuanzebe as a defensive midfielder as things stands.

Tuanzebe's playing prospects placed some doubt over the move, but he feels confident he can win a place in Smith's starting XI.

Why have United let him go on loan?

Much has been hoped of Tuanzebe, and he captained the team in an EFL Cup game against Rochdale when only 21 in September 2019. But he suffered a persistent hip injury to put paid to ambitions for a breakthrough campaign at Old Trafford.

He has struggled for game time in recent years, playing just 29 games in all competitions over the last two seasons.

What's the situation around his future at United?

He is due to sign a new contract at United, for an additional year running to 2023 with the option of another season, then complete his switch to Villa, which could lead to a permanent move.

Â