Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ole screwed him playing him at rb. Being scrap gifted already by United fans I know

Edited by Demitri_C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ole screwed him playing him at rb. Being scrap gifted already by United fans I know

Didn't even play right back, he played on the left.

He was good enough defensively, but it was pretty obvious he wasn't comfortable taking the ball down the line. Just got a bit predictable with cutting back inside to pass, which led to the Arsenal goal. I wouldn't blame him as he was always going to be hampered in this way playing left back and I'm sure he'll learn from it.

I'd love to see him get a run at CB and I think he'd compliment either of their current starters really well as he has a bit of pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Being scrap gifted already by United fans I know

I've heard that United have a big following amongst rag-and-bone men. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Axel must be gutted tbh.

If you look at the the good young(ish) performers from the Championship last season, like Wilson, Tomori, Mount, Grealish, McGinn, Abraham etc etc, Tuanzebe is the only one who isnt now getting regular first team football.

I wonder if he is rueing not looking for a team to offer him first team football, he played so much last season, such a pity to see him wasting on the bench when all his "peers" from last season are now first teamer's in the Prem effectively.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Axel must be gutted tbh.

If you look at the the good young(ish) performers from the Championship last season, like Wilson, Tomori, Mount, Grealish, McGinn, Abraham etc etc, Tuanzebe is the only one who isnt now getting regular first team football.

I wonder if he is rueing not looking for a team to offer him first team football, he played so much last season, such a pity to see him wasting on the bench when all his "peers" from last season are now first teamer's in the Prem effectively.

It was him decision to return to a in decline Man Utd.

Would have played week in week out at Villa. Still disappointed by his decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It was him decision to return to a in decline Man Utd.

Would have played week in week out at Villa. Still disappointed by his decision.

Its all relative though isn't it. United are on the decline but they are still one of the biggest sports clubs in the world, playing in Europe and in the top half of the premier league. Unless he had a personal attachment to Villa there's not an awful lot we can Trump MU with. Defender's rarely coming out of a relegation battle season smelling of roses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a united fan isn't he?  In the summer he was always going to give it a proper shot with the state the United squad was in.  He'll get his move when he wants it, Jan or the summer.  It is a pivotal time in his development though.  Tough decisions to be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh if rather have had him than konsa but I'm happy with engels.  He has been really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

United have the 3rd best defence in the league so far and they have bigger issues further up the pitch. If they were leaking I could see the arguments for him starting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Engels a lot, but it would have been brilliant to have Axel sign permanently. Having him and Tammy re-sign would have been huge. I really loved our promotion winning side. Gutted for the lad that he's not playing now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the man utd forum "Aerial duels is his glaring weakness"

Yep we said the same thing about him last season. He needs to improve on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

From the man utd forum "Aerial duels is his glaring weakness"

Yep we said the same thing about him last season. He needs to improve on that.

Time to send him and Nilsson-Lindelöf on a heading technique intensive course?

4 weeks training with Fabio Cannavaro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sne said:

Time to send him and Nilsson-Lindelöf on a heading technique intensive course?

4 weeks training with Fabio Cannavaro.

Or Tim Cahill...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea he needs work with that thats a weakness. But he is very good with the ball. I think he personally would be a great DM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â