Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

On 02/09/2018 at 14:05, NurembergVillan said:

Why sign him, with a must-play clause, if the most consistent player at the club already fills that position?

Speculation re must play clause. Let's not criticise as if it's established fact

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

1/7 games at CB for United and responsible for 3-4 of last 8 goals. Is he the answer instead of Jedi???

Responsible for 3-4 of Man Utds last 8 goals???

Can't be. He's been at Villa since August.

He would be the answer instead of Jedi if the manager ever played him there!  :rolleyes:

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not based on the Brentford match where he cost a goal.

nor the weekend or even the cup match last week. Hes been poor in the air. Maybe why Bruce doesnt fancy him at CB. But why on earth did we sign him to play at RB? Madness again from Bruce. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Responsible for 3-4 of Man Utds last 8 goals???

Can't be. He's been at Villa since August.

He would be the answer instead of Jedi if the manager ever played him there!  :rolleyes:

He meant responsible for 3-4 of our last 8 goals.

I can't say if he's right, I missed the Sheff utd game. 

But he was certainly to blame for both of Brentford's goals. So there's two at least.

• Like 1

Personally I don't think there's any clause that says he has to play. That would be monumentally stupid.

I think Bruce must just rate him and thinks he will come good with playing time.

I'm not sure I share the optimism. He continues to look absolute toilet. But I don't think it's down to a clause.

If we re-sign Terry then I think Tuanzebe will find himself benched once Elmo takes the RB role again. If we don't re-sign Terry the maybe Tuanzebe will get a chance at CB.
The thought of him there makes me very nervous though. He'll need to improve fast!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He meant responsible for 3-4 of our last 8 goals.

I can't say if he's right, I missed the Sheff utd game. 

But he was certainly to blame for both of Brentford's goals. So there's two at least.

First goal against Sheffield was combination of him and Nyland but happy to scratch it off as just a well taken free kick. 

What I find interesting that Bruce not so long ago stated eventually Tuanzebe will be playing in the CB position...

If so why the delay? Why not play him there now rather than Jedinak?

I just don't understand the logic in any of it and I think there maybe more to all of this than what we meets the eye.

In the meantime, play Axel in his correct position ffs!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What I find interesting that Bruce not so long ago stated eventually Tuanzebe will be playing in the CB position...

If so why the delay? Why not play him there now rather than Jedinak?

Because it turns out he's shit?

Edited by Stevo985

44 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

First goal against Sheffield was combination of him and Nyland but happy to scratch it off as just a well taken free kick. 

goalscorer got in between Axel and Elmo to get a free header

For me Tuanzebe is the strangest signing of the window.

We signed a centre back to play centre back but Bruce doesn't seem to think he is upto the task. This would normally be fine... we've made a mistake.

But Tuanzebe was at Villa for 6 months last season. Surely in those 6 months Bruce looked at him and thought, he's not going to be good enough at centre back for us... in which case why sign him back?!

Baffling

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

For me Tuanzebe is the strangest signing of the window.

We signed a centre back to play centre back but Bruce doesn't seem to think he is upto the task. This would normally be fine... we've made a mistake.

But Tuanzebe was at Villa for 6 months last season. Surely in those 6 months Bruce looked at him and thought, he's not going to be good enough at centre back for us... in which case why sign him back?!

Baffling

Apparently cause he is shit?

If that is the case then all the more reason for Bruce to be sacked for signing a player on loan for a 2nd time that has been deemed as 'shit'.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, carewjust4u said:

* at right-back, and is untested at CB in the senior team in the league.

I'm untested at CB in the senior team in the league too.

Maybe I'll be good enough? ;) 

But in all seriousness, I hear this argument. I do. And I'll be as happy as anyone if he ends up blossoming at CB. But I've seen nothing in him to suggest that will be the case so I think it's just blind hope at this point.

Â