Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Hope we can sign this player he is very good in my eyes and has a fair amount of experience. Tuanzebe is very fast on and off the ball, most of the time he has been rock solid for us, I do hope man Utd decide they don't want him bacķ and let us have him for cheap.

Your form has been superb for Villa – how much are you enjoying playing at the heart of the defence for new boss Dean Smith?
“The new manager and his team have been great with me, they have shown faith in me by giving me the opportunity to play in such a disciplined position. So I am really thankful because I feel like I am improving under his guidance. We want to keep the form and high energy going!”

How much of an influence has John Terry been since he came back as coach?
“I have a good relationship with John. He helps me a lot every day and continuously gives me pointers on how to improve my game. He is always available for when I need him and offers himself to help me and the team. It's great to have him back!”

You’ve turned 21 today – does it feel like a landmark birthday for you and a sign you’re moving on from being classed as a ‘youngster’, particularly as you’re playing regularly in the Championship?
“Yes, 21 is always a special birthday as it signifies the beginning of adulthood so I am thankful to God for another year. I think consistently playing elevates me from the youngster connotation so I want to continue doing well for Aston Villa and showing everyone that I am not the young boy they think I am.”

You're one of the youngest members of the Villa side but have always had great maturity. As it’s your second spell, do you feel established now?
“To be honest, I just try and be myself and people will make a judgement on what they see. Being my second spell, it has been easier progress. I just want to continuously impact the team positively.”

You’re playing alongside a former Red in James Chester – what is he like as a colleague?
“I am sure everyone who has played with James Chester can only say he is a good person. As a captain, he is there when you need him and those characteristics show whilst we are on the pitch. I help him and he helps me. I am feeling a strong partnership forming.”

The Aston Villa fans have really taken to you and you even have your own chant – what do you make of it?
“The chant is great and it's amazing to receive such great vibes and energy from the fans whilst playing. It urges me to continue pushing and fighting till the end!

Are Villa the perfect club, given its size and level of support, to prepare you for hopefully playing regularly for United?
Villa is an amazing club filled with amazing people so, for me, the journey has been positive. I feel like it will only improve and hopefully lead me back to Manchester, where I will want to play week in and week out.

What are the aims for this season – personally and for the club?
“The obvious one is promotion. We have started slower than we intended but things are starting to piece together. The next period of games leading into Christmas are crucial and we want to win all of them! Personally, I want to win Player of the Year for Villa but the main target is based on the team. I think we owe it to the fans!”

How do United help you with the loan process by keeping tabs on your progress and providing feedback?
“United are always there when I need help or anything. We have regular contact and I always get feedback on my games. I means a lot to me because it shows they care about me and are very interested in my development!”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/axel-tuanzebe-exclusive-interview-on-his-21st-birthday

On 12/11/2018 at 06:06, Dave-R said:

Hope we can sign this player he is very good in my eyes and has a fair amount of experience. Tuanzebe is very fast on and off the ball, most of the time he has been rock solid for us, I do hope man Utd decide they don't want him bacķ and let us have him for cheap.

I doubt he’ll be cheap, he’s highly rated there I think, we should try to get him permanently at the end of the season in my opinion edit- in the above interview, he says he wants to be playing week in week out at Man Utd, shame

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

What if mourinho cant get his team into proper gear, the club mite decided sack jose. If mourinho did get the sack any new manager coming in, well there is always the chance Taunzebe could fall out of favour even more at man utd.

If we did get promoted this season there is always the chance Tuanzebe would make the move too us permanent,  we can only hope but he is well suited here with us..

On 03/11/2018 at 12:29, terrytini said:

I don’t want to rubbish everything that Bruce did, as I don’t think that is deserved.

But his team selections in pre season, and then throughout this season, were atrocious, and have been proven to be so with damning speed since his departure.

What an absolute dogs dinner he made of us in the end. Shocking.

Axel is the stand out example. 

many didn't like him from the off Terry and Dean Smiths start is proving them right so far ( I actually think Dean will get even better as we go)

But SB got gradually worse IMO to the point the decisions were getting gradually worse.

I don't think he is/was ever the thinker DS is.....but he wasn't as bad as he ended up being.

but his handling of Axel was bizarre.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I think a new manager coming in, any new manager, would take one look at Rojo, Smalling, Jones and Lindelhof and bin them right off straight away.

I think they are all decent players, just not outstanding like previous Man Utd players have been such as Ferdinand, Vidic etc. I think Tuanzebe has a job getting in ahead of all those centre backs but let’s wait and see

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think they are all decent players, just not outstanding like previous Man Utd players have been such as Ferdinand, Vidic etc. I think Tuanzebe has a job getting in ahead of all those centre backs but let’s wait and see

I agree that all of those players are decent, and Lindelof has improved in the last month or so, so I'm hopeful he will come good.  The problem is decent players aren't good enough for a club the stature of United; I personally believe a full season at Villa ( esp. working with John Terry) will improve Axel enough defensively to give him a shot at United's first team, if not first XI.  He is a big, strong lad (although he could improve his aerial ability), pacy enough for the Prem, and is good enough with the ball to build attacks from the back. 

I can see Rojo and Bailly leaving in January or the summer, Jones is an injury nightmare with spotty form when he's healthy, and while I think Smalling is a solid defender, he is completely useless playing the ball and the game is quickly passing players of that mold by.  Also, Smalling is getting close to a testimonial at United, which is something fans would likely see as representative of the decline since Ferguson retired, so he might be off as well before that comes to fruition.  I can't see United selling Tuanzebe in the near future, especially if he continues his development at Villa Park and United eventually bin off a couple of deadwood defenders.  He would be a great pickup for Aston Villa though, and if they pull off that signing I know a lot of United fans will be very disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He has got all the attributes. If he can keep progressing over the next 18 months he has got every chance of going to the top.

No chance he is coming on here on a permanent I feel.

You’re probably right. What player wouldn’t play in the Prem with a famous club like Manure, but that interview was by manutd.com and the question they asked him referred to coming back so he was hardly going to say, ‘Actually I’m going to stay here at Villa.’ was he?

Given the chance he’d stay, but I’m not sure he’ll be good enough for them.

Edited by Ginko

Thing with this modern United is that they may not be afforded the time to blood youngsters like they used to as they are playing catch up to a good few teams.

The enormous resources available to them means that sooner or later they will spend big on this problem position which will marginalise kids such as tuanzebe. 

Yes he will go back in the short term but I would not be surprised to see him sold in a few years.

Hopefully we won't have outgrown him ourselves and we can take advantage.

Â