Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

18 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Got caught the wrong side a couple of times in the 1st half, but for me the best defender we have had down VP since Macca.

I think if we go up, we could have a good chance of keeping him

First sentence - too early to tell.

Second sentence - no chance - listen to how he talks about Man U.

He’s a very good centre back, there’s a reason he’s still owned by Manchester United but I doubt he’ll see action there even with their centre back options. Quite why Bruce persisted with him at right back is beyond me, he might still be in the job if he played him at centre back. If we go up, I think there’s a chance that we get him permanently, it would be quite a coup, I rate him very highly

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, av1 said:

That might be true, but equally there is a 0% chance this kid will get a look in at UTD while Jose is manager. 

Jose has been playing McTominay who is a bang average youth player and nowhere near good enough for the first team. His record isn't great but he's spoke very highly of Axel and our CBs are poor and injury prone. A squad role isn't out of the question, or more likely probably a PL loan. 

Either way he has been with United since he was a little kid and loves the club. Axel won't force a move and the club won't allow him to be forced out either. Which Mourinho wouldn't do anyway but the likes of Butt and McKenna would see to it he isn't sold. Especially as Jose's future is in doubt. 

Edited by tommybread
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tommybread said:

Jose has been playing McTominay who is a bang average youth player and nowhere near good enough for the first team. His record isn't great but he's spoke very highly of Axel and our CBs are poor and injury prone. A squad role isn't out of the question, or more likely probably a PL loan. 

Either way he has been with United since he was a little kid and loves the club. Axel won't force a move and the club won't allow him to be forced out either. Which Mourinho wouldn't do anyway but the likes of Butt and McKenna would see to it he isn't sold. Especially as Jose's future is in doubt. 

McTominay is a very good central midfielder, he’s not a centre back by any stretch of the imagination in my opinion 

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

He will be better than Chester. Better than or as good as Southgate and Ugo? Unlikely but maybe. If he's as good as Mellberg and Laursen he'll be doing well. I think that's quite possible.

He's a bit like Rio Ferdinand at West Ham in his early years. Quick enough, comfortable on the ball and with the odd error in him. Very promising though.

Doubt Mourinho would risk him (how he would view it) in the Premier League any time soon. He needs to move on. When we get promoted I don't see why we couldn't get him but we'll see.

Going off topic a bit but when fit I think Laurson was the best out of all those defenders you mentioned. We only managed to sign him because of his injury problems. Had it not been for them he would have been a regular at the great Milan team of the time.

As for Axel. He has the makings to be a quality defender at the highest level. Reminds me of a young Micah’s Richards at times. 

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Going off topic a bit but when fit I think Laurson was the best out of all those defenders you mentioned. We only managed to sign him because of his injury problems. Had it not been for them he would have been a regular at the great Milan team of the time.

As for Axel. He has the makings to be a quality defender at the highest level. Reminds me of a young Micah’s Richards at times. 

Staying off topic for a wee moment - Lauren is the second best defender to ever play for us and like the first best - he was also world class in my view 

• Like 1

I think that the performances he has shown in the last few games have just validated what a genius Bruce was in putting him at right back to get him up to speed in the league before putting him into centre back, look how it's paying dividends now

• Haha 4

Â