Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He will be one of the best CB's in the world one day that is for sure.

He’s definitely looked good at CB no doubt but this is a massive statement. I wonder already what beyond this season will bring for him. I have been genuinely impressed the past two games.

8 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

He’s definitely looked good at CB no doubt but this is a massive statement. I wonder already what beyond this season will bring for him. I have been genuinely impressed the past two games.

Definitely Killeen.

If he applies himself right throughout his career there is no reason why he can't.

Working with JT won't do him any harm either.

5 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Got caught the wrong side a couple of times in the 1st half, but for me the best defender we have had down VP since Macca.

I think if we go up, we could have a good chance of keeping him

Agreed.  It baffles me that Bruce didn't play him at CB...

Axel & Abraham are two of the types of signings I can see us making going forward under Smith/NSWE.  Young, highly-rated, motivated, and aren't content with playing U23 football at a "big" club.  

On 03/11/2018 at 13:07, villalad21 said:

I don't think so.

Bailly when he is on form is incredible defender.

He most definitely isn't and is massively overrated. Smalling is consistently better and Jones' top form has been better. Bailly has been largely shit for well over a year now. He is pure garbage in the air, he's a complete mess positionally and terribly inconsistent. A few good performances and some cool looking flying into last ditch tackles doesn't cover up the other half the time where he has no clue what he is doing. There is a reason he's been dropped, and it isn't because Mourinho has some personal grudge against him. Not to mention his shockingly poor injury record. 

Glad to hear he is finally doing well when played in his proper position. There is also 0% chance you sign him on a permanent next season. 

Edited by tommybread
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tommybread said:

Glad to hear he is finally doing well when played in his proper position. There is also 0% chance you sign him on a permanent next season. 

That might be true, but equally there is a 0% chance this kid will get a look in at UTD while Jose is manager. 

1 hour ago, tommybread said:

He most definitely isn't and is massively overrated. Smalling is consistently better and Jones' top form has been better. Bailly has been largely shit for well over a year now. He is pure garbage in the air, he's a complete mess positionally and terribly inconsistent. A few good performances and some cool looking flying into last ditch tackles doesn't cover up the other half the time where he has no clue what he is doing. There is a reason he's been dropped, and it isn't because Mourinho has some personal grudge against him. Not to mention his shockingly poor injury record. 

Mourinho isn't known for playing youngsters though and Axel is nowhere near the finished product. He's a player under development, i do think he's good enough for premier league, but he is nowhere near good enogugh for a top 6 prem side right now.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Mourinho isn't known for playing youngsters though and Axel is nowhere near the finished product. He's a player under development, i do think he's good enough for premier league, but he is nowhere near good enogugh for a top 6 prem side right now.

Especially a team likely to spunk another £100 on center halves in the summer, to add to £60m Jose has already spunked on center halves. 

He had three moments where he struggled with bouncing balls over his head. He seemed unsure wether to focus on the ball or the man chasing it. Could have cost us another day. 

Other then that a very solid performance. Confident on the ball. 

He will be better than Chester. Better than or as good as Southgate and Ugo? Unlikely but maybe. If he's as good as Mellberg and Laursen he'll be doing well. I think that's quite possible.

He's a bit like Rio Ferdinand at West Ham in his early years. Quick enough, comfortable on the ball and with the odd error in him. Very promising though.

Doubt Mourinho would risk him (how he would view it) in the Premier League any time soon. He needs to move on. When we get promoted I don't see why we couldn't get him but we'll see.

Â