Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I've never heard of this guy, how is it that people have such strong opinions on him?

Do we really have that many people on here closely following Man Utd's U23 side?!

Fifa 2018 is the most accurate way of finding out how good any player is FACT. 

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't expect the deal to go through until closer to the deadline for Mourinho to have a better idea of Bailly's fitness and give a little more time to see if anyone else picks up an injury. Personally wouldn't mind it getting finalized sharpish though to give Axel more time with you to get settled in and claim a spot. 

On 15/01/2018 at 21:30, Junxs said:

The point people are making though is that he wouldnt dislodge either of Terry or Chester and it seems we have decent centre back cover in Elphick and Samba when hes back.

If we are only signing 2 players on loan it seems a waste of one them will be for centre back cover.

I’m pretty sure Bruce will be aware of that and know what he thinks he needs........also it could easily be the case he’s tried 10, 20 other ideas we wouldn’t know- we aren’t top of the pecking order for players to come on loan, not by a long way.

This time of year is murder for getting quality in, even if you are top 6 in the Premier League.....for me, we trust the Managers judgment on this type of thing.

• Like 1

I imagine we’re loaning him so that Elphick can go, and that way we can buy a permanent CB cover when we know more at the end of the season. If we go up, I think it likely or defence will lose Elphick, Terry, RDL and possibly Hutton, so we’ll need to bolster with new players and signing loans now to fill gaps makes sense I think. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If he's coming in as a CB he won't play.

Could’ve said the same about Elphick, yet he did play as injuries happen. You can’t have no CB cover at all, and if you’re selling one player who is basically back up, you might as well get one in who is halfdecent but there is minimal outlay until we know where we are next season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

:mrgreen: but think about samba and Terry released

elphick possibly sold that only leaves Chester 

No I totally agree with you and I highlighted this in another thread. Chester could be our only Centre back come June, and when you look at what would be left of the rest of the squad it will need more than a few quality centre backs.

One of the many reasons we need promoted this season.

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

:mrgreen: but think about samba and Terry released

elphick possibly sold that only leaves Chester 

The club and John Terry have a mutual option. People seem convinced this won't be enacted and I'm not sure why. 

Sulliman may well be promoted to 3rd/4th choice leaving us with the need to sign a centre back. 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The club and John Terry have a mutual option. People seem convinced this won't be enacted and I'm not sure why. 

Sulliman may well be promoted to 3rd/4th choice leaving us with the need to sign a centre back. 

That would depend alot on what league we will be playing in though.

Â