Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Seems a bit of a pointless move for Villa and Man U, we've got cover in CB with Elphick. Whelan, Jedi and Thor can play CDM and we've far too many RB's as it is. Keep Elphick till the end of the season then we have a CB ready and waiting to go up as Terry will leave or sell him if don't go up, so no point selling Elphick now. Thor looks like he's perked up recently by may want to move away himself but he's another person that doesn't have to go. Getting a loanee to cover where we don't need cover, makes no sense to me.

26 minutes ago, Alexbass08 said:

Seems a bit of a pointless move for Villa and Man U, we've got cover in CB with Elphick. Whelan, Jedi and Thor can play CDM and we've far too many RB's as it is. Keep Elphick till the end of the season then we have a CB ready and waiting to go up as Terry will leave or sell him if don't go up, so no point selling Elphick now. Thor looks like he's perked up recently by may want to move away himself but he's another person that doesn't have to go. Getting a loanee to cover where we don't need cover, makes no sense to me.

Well we do need someone to jog alongside Onomah with practice match like effort on match day until they go back to their comfort clubs.

Also: Seems Thor is off.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alexbass08 said:

Absolute nonsense imo.

You obviously have not seen Axel in action to draw such a conclusion.

If I had a choice between the 2 defenders here (that's Tuanzebe's natural position) it would be Axel 8 days a week over Elphick.

Even after Elphicks solid performances I still would have Axel. He looks like hes's been playing the game for 20 years already.

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolute nonsense imo.

If I had a choice between the 2 defenders here (that's Tuanzebe's natural position) it would be Axel 8 days a week over Elphick.

Even after Elphicks solid performances I still would have Axel. He looks like hes's been playing the game for 20 years already.

The point people are making though is that he wouldnt dislodge either of Terry or Chester and it seems we have decent centre back cover in Elphick and Samba when hes back.

If we are only signing 2 players on loan it seems a waste of one them will be for centre back cover.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Junxs said:

The point people are making though is that he wouldnt dislodge either of Terry or Chester and it seems we have decent centre back cover in Elphick and Samba when hes back.

If we are only signing 2 players on loan it seems a waste of one them will be for centre back cover.

I have a feeling he won't be cover and I would go as far as saying it could possibly see Chester now being cover with the main pairing of Terry & Tuanzebe. I could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

****’s sake we find a really decent player to try to sign and people are complaining and asking why we’re trying to sign him.

Because he’s good? 

Because our defence is fine?

If we only have 2 people we can add this window it makes no sense to try and improve our strongest position. Captain of England for many years partnered by 2015 player of the year.

Having said that, I'm really hoping I've got it wrong and he's actually being brought in for the DM role as that seems to be a problem area for us.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolute nonsense imo.

I haven't seen him play no, but I've seen our defence and it's the one thing that doesn't need improving in my opinion. As mentioned we've got the option of 2 loanee transfers I just don't see the point in brining in someone we don't need while we are woefully lacking in the attacking department. The only times our defence has looked really shaky was with Samba and Jedi at CB, with Terry, Chester and Elphick I can't see an issue.

I have a feeling he won't be cover and I would go as far as saying it could possibly see Chester now being cover with the main pairing of Terry & Tuanzebe. I could be wrong.

I wouldn't want to see Chester benched he's been one our most outstanding performers this season.

• Like 1

I think you'll be wrong. After Terry, Chester is the next guarantee on the starting list. They have a good partnership and you'd be crazy to split that up at this stage of the season (que the Bruce crazy jokes :P).

AT will be the back up cb or will play dm 

I’d say he‘s coming in as DM and will cover CB No way will he get in ahead of Chester or Terry. 

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

I’d say he‘s coming in as DM and will cover CB No way will he get in ahead of Chester or Terry. 

Yup especially if Bjarnson is on his way. Jedinak is always one game away from another injury and Whelan is poor so I’d say Tuanzede will end up being the new DM.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think you'll be wrong. After Terry, Chester is the next guarantee on the starting list. They have a good partnership and you'd be crazy to split that up at this stage of the season (que the Bruce crazy jokes :P).

AT will be the back up cb or will play dm 

I agree that the Chester-Terry partnership has been solid and would be a shame to break it up. I make the comments based on what the player's natural position is. Absolutely time will tell as to if or when we sign him and in what position.

I am sure he may be just as effective at DCM.  :)

5 hours ago, striker said:

Yup especially if Bjarnson is on his way. Jedinak is always one game away from another injury and Whelan is poor so I’d say Tuanzede will end up being the new DM.

Without taking the thread off topic I would rather us ship out Whelan before Thor as I feel Jedinak is a better option than GW but just a shame it seems he is made of sugar glass. (Or cement when it comes to playing for Australia). ^_^

Everyone complains that we have to play Whealan too much, plus Thor has had one good half at DM. Plus, Jedinak will likely become fit just in time for the international break and get injured playing for Oz again. Having an extra option in the DM position only seems positive to me, what if Thor turns out to not be the answer?

Â