Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Mr.Messy said:

Thing is we will never know the truth if he is not given a decent run at CB. Stick him in next to Chester until Christmas I say and see how he gets on.

The alternatives aren't exactly attractive...

I suppose we could and see what happens. 

How is the lad supposed to show his true potential in his natural position when he isn't even played there!!!

Yet.. played in a position where we already have 3 RB's!!!.. and instead we find a defensive midfielder playing at CB instead.

Incredible.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How is the lad supposed to show his true potential in his natural position when he isn't even played there!!!

Yet.. played in a position where we already have 3 RB's!!!.. and instead we find a defensive midfielder playing at CB instead.

Incredible.

We have the tactical genius Bruce to thank for that.

• Sad 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

**** horrendous defensively. And people want him as our CB. Awful.

Some nice balls in going forward though. 

Only "want" him there because of the options available.

I know you rate Jedi higher than him at CB. But I think he's car crash and liability.

Rather give Alex a run at CB and see how it pans out than live and die with Jedi there.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Only "want" him there because of the options available.

I know you rate Jedi higher than him at CB. But I think he's car crash and liability.

Rather give Alex a run at CB and see how it pans out than live and die with Jedi there.

Jedi is the scapegoat at the moment. Once again he was fine tonight (not amazing but he never will be) yet he's getting blamed for the first goal.

Neither are good enough to be our first choice CB. But you could blindfold Jedinak and steal his boots and I'd still have him starting in front of this guy at the moment.

Ultimately, we really really need a new CB.

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Jedi is the scapegoat at the moment. Once again he was fine tonight (not amazing but he never will be) yet he's getting blamed for the first goal.

Neither are good enough to be our first choice CB. But you could blindfold Jedinak and steal his boots and I'd still have him starting in front of this guy at the moment.

Well I certainly agree with the last part.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry for me there was no way Jedinak was fine tonight. Balls popped off his head in every direction often back towards his own keeper with not enough power to get half way back. Chester saved him a few times. 

Hard to tell if he has potential because clearly he's not a right back and he was caught positionally on several occasions. Think he's worth a go in the centre but he's a liability playing as a full back.

Similar to Moreira, I'm not sure what the point of loaning him in is if we aren't going to play him at CB. Decent for a RB but why would we have loaned him to play him there when we already have massive depth there and if Bruce prefers Jedi at CB. 

I don’t understand bringing him in to play him at right back when we have Elmo, RDL, Bree and Hutton who can all play there.

Should be a third/fourth choice central defender. 

I hope a new central defender is being sought.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I don’t understand bringing him in to play him at right back when we have Elmo, RDL, Bree and Hutton who can all play there.

Should be a third/fourth choice central defender. 

To be fair I think he is a third/fourth choice CB. He's just being used at RB in the meantime.

Like I said above, I'm sure now we've signed two more wingers we'll see Elmo back at RB and Tuanzebe benched.

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

**** horrendous defensively. And people want him as our CB. Awful.

Some nice balls in going forward though. 

But cb is his natural position not rb like bruce plays him. He was definitely at fault for that second goal befire nyland spilled it 

I thought he  was actually brilliant first half. Second half he was not great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But cb is his natural position not rb like bruce plays him. He was definitely at fault for that second goal befire nyland spilled it 

He was at fault for both goals. Absolutely pathetic for the first.

Being played out of position isn't an excuse for that kind of thing.

Why on earth would we play him at CB when he can't defend?

Brilliant first half? He played some nice balls into the box. Other than that he looked like a lost child.

Edited by Stevo985

Â