The Official VillaTalk Legend of Zelda Rankings

Stevo985

To stop the Breath of the Wild thread going off topic, I've started this thread to continue the discussion.

Let's officially rank the Legend of Zelda series!

I think the way we should do it is define a top 5 and I'll assign 5 points for a 1st place ranking, 4 points for 2nd, 3 for 3rd etc
If you haven't played 5, then just do a top 3, or top 2 or whatever you can.

Suggestions welcome.

Go!

• Like 1

Mine is

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Link to the Past
3. Twilight Princess
4. Windwaker
5. The Legend of Zelda

(with a caveat that I am a way off finishing BotW so that could go in there very easily. But felt it shouldn't be included yet)

Edited by Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Honourable mention to Majora's Mask

One of the worst I've played.

Don't get me wrong, it's still **** brilliant. But relatively speaking it didn't do it for me

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

One of the worst I've played.

Don't get me wrong, it's still **** brilliant. But relatively speaking it didn't do it for me

It holds a special place in my heart. I got it for Christmas the year it came out, so I can always remember that feeling of opening it, and I love how weird and dark it is. There's no other Zelda like it, it's Ocarina's dark nightmare. Also the story behind it being made is interesting.

• Like 2

I have played very, very little of any other Zelda game apart from that one. I did have a SNES, but didn't have Link to the Past. I had a Gameboy and loved Link's Awakening. The next Nintendo hardware I had was a Gamecube on which I did borrow Wind Waker, but I didn't play it much. That also had Ocarina of Time bundled with it, which I played even less of. Didn't play any of the other GC games, and they're the only Nintendo consoles I've ever owned.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:37, Chindie said:

It holds a special place in my heart. I got it for Christmas the year it came out, so I can always remember that feeling of opening it, and I love how weird and dark it is. There's no other Zelda like it, it's Ocarina's dark nightmare. Also the story behind it being made is interesting.

Pretty much my story with Ocarina of Time, made that Christmas magical unwrapping it and sticking the golden cartridge in my N64 for the first time. Think I got MM for Christmas too, I remember taking it over to my nan's for Christmas dinner and doing the Deku Scrub swamp bit. Also loved MM because I'm pretty sure it's the same Link from OoT, isn't it? The 'Hero of Time' Link, my era Link. Playing as him again was a lot of fun. I know they're all the same really, but still.

Anywho, my list:

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Windwaker

3. Majora's Mask

4. Breath of the Wild

5. Twilight Princess

Breath of the Wild is the anomaly though. It doesn't 'feel' like a Zelda game to me. I loved it, but the change in format turned it into something else, a brilliant something else, but not a Zelda game. I also thought the 'main' dungeons and boss fights were very disappointing and too samey. 

Skyward Sword just misses out on 5th spot for me, but TP was just that bit more memorable. I loved the fact SS came with a CD of newly composed Zelda music played by an orchestra though for the 25th anniversary. That CD is probably the best freebie I've ever had.

Â