The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

The worst thing to happen to football in my lifetime and has totally killed going to games for me. I didn't celebrate the 'legit' first goal. I think watching it on a stream might be the way to go now, especially if you want to know what's actually going on. 

• Like 1

Could and should have had 1-2 penalties. Not. Clear and obvious... Should have had another goal, outlawed. All this tech is achieving is taking from us, not even balancing out. 

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Big screen says No Goal. Ref awards Spurs a goal

**** Off 

really?

Jesus.

VAR is corrupt, Rugby seem to do it fine, why cant the incompetent fools at the FA sort it out!?!??!

Incompetent fools.

• Like 1

Another poop call by VAR where Zaha pushes De Bruine with both arms without even looking where the ball is.

Zero interest in the ball, only goes for the player but no call.

Clear penalty all day in my book

Edited by sne

I was an advocate in idea but it needs removing ASAP it’s actually ruining the game in its current form.

Leave in for offsides and perhaps red cards although there is currently a huge lack of consistency here but remove for everything else. Implementation needs to be re-thought. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

really?

Jesus.

VAR is corrupt, Rugby seem to do it fine, why cant the incompetent fools at the FA sort it out!?!??!

Incompetent fools.

The balance seems to be in favour of the rich clubs and non-promoted clubs. Paper bags.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not fit for purpose

Its fit for purpose... but because its used at the refs discretion and the fact that the ref has the final say regardless of the VAR call... Its a farce...

It should be the managers decision to request a VAR call (like in cricket or NFL)... a limited number of VAR calls per match and if a call is successful, you dont lose one (badly explained but I hope you know what i am getting at)... and the decision made by VAR should be final...

As mentioned in the Match thread how long after an incident can the goal be disallowed. They had a chance to clear and Jack brilliantly won it back. What if we passed it around a bit before we scored? Would it still be disallowed?

All that aside how is the even a foul? Even the sky sports commentary in real time says it’s certainly not a foul at the time of the incident. 

It’s madness.

• Like 2

Â