The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

I'm not so sure that was a red.

Still, VAR is shit.

It only works for anal levels of offside and for absolutely concretely obvious refereeing howlers, which happen so rarely as to not be an issue. The problem is the smaller things with a degree of judgement, and that judgement means they won't intervene.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leganes demanding a game vs Levante today be replayed as a penalty was awarded and the signal to VAR was lost at the time. 

What a disgraceful system 

What's the issue here, a football club being childish? 

I cannot believe how lucky Palace have been with VAR this season.

They desperately need to introduce an "Umpire's Call" principle as per cricket (or give benefit of the doubt to the attack team) so we don't have these ludicrous millimetre-perfect decisions being made on the basis of questionable perspective lines being drawn on video footage.

14 hours ago, a m ole said:

more interested to hear the pundit consensus on Mane going down a second after his ankle was brushed by Albrighton’s shin pad.

They all reckoned it was a dive and shouldn't have been a pen.

You're disappointed, aren't you? ;) 

• Like 1

So Wesley’s 1st goal against Norwich I think is the first goal we’ve ever scored where I’ve not gone bananas. Wesley’s strange reaction made me thought it was going to get ruled out by VAR. It was a weird non moment and I didn’t like it. 

Overall I’m in favour of VAR I think but it’s as clear as day not right at the moment. 

28 minutes ago, villaglint said:

So Wesley’s 1st goal against Norwich I think is the first goal we’ve ever scored where I’ve not gone bananas. Wesley’s strange reaction made me thought it was going to get ruled out by VAR. It was a weird non moment and I didn’t like it. 

Glad it wasn't just me. I thought reaction to both of his goals seemed quite muted by all the Villa players. It was either the risk of VAR chalking it off, or nobody likes him.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Glad it wasn't just me. I thought reaction to both of his goals seemed quite muted by all the Villa players. It was either the risk of VAR chalking it off, or nobody likes him.

Defo VAR related, as predicted and feared it's zapped the thrill out of scoring.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

theres a Bundesliga VAR conspiracy theory in my office, the ref is sat in a room in cologne so he doesn't want to give any bias towards fc koln which means as a result they cant get any VAR decisions :lol:

they sound a lot like English football fans, its a system the majority don't like

• 2 weeks later...

after watching the rugby this morning the big difference is the man in the middle and his mate operating it for 2 reason, firstly and mainly because they actually come across as quite capable, secondly because of the communication 

the forward pass for the aussies late try for example where the 2 actually discussed it on air

what we have is a shambles 

• Like 4

Â