The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its embarrassing at this stage. Somebody will go down or miss Champions League spots due to this and it will cause a shitstorm in the courts

Not unless it's Utd, Liverpool or City it won't.

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Rugby authorities have said refereeing has been poor so far in the World Cup

6 weeks and no peep from anybody in the Premier League

From their perspective it's working perfectly.

14 hours ago, Kingman said:

Clear and obvious?.. 

71045847_2388948847990299_85661869662011

So there's this 3, and the Grealish "dive" / equaliser makes 4 goals that have gone against us in about 3 weeks. VAR was supposed to stop this happening?

Like general refereeing, the smaller clubs will get the brunt of the poor decisions and little fuss will be made.

10 hours ago, Kingman said:

Maybe not as clear and obvious as this armpit that was given 50mm offside 😂 

70678974_10221501568555692_1722515488967 

For offside they need to go back to the clear air rule for me. 

Offside is to stop attackers getting an unfair advantage.  These split mm decisions are not stopping an unfair advantage. 

They can get it nailed on now so I think the clear air rule should work well and better than it did before. By that time they are definetly gaining an advantage being so far ahead. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kingman said:

Maybe not as clear and obvious as this armpit that was given 50mm offside 😂 

70678974_10221501568555692_1722515488967 

You just look at that picture and immediately think 'Lads... This might be a bit silly'.

I'll be absolutely fuming when we have this happen to us. Which, at the current rate, will be at the weekend.

43 minutes ago, a m ole said:

also

MECcxqG.jpg

You see to me this is largely unimportant. I can accept some offside goals happening which you struggle to figure out on slow motion re-play. 

What I can't accept are blatant penalties not given, or blatant mistakes everyone in the stadium saw except the referee. And ESPECIALLY what I can't accept is the vague definition of whether "a clear and obvious foul was made". 

Can't wait for the VAR to be tweaked. 

In regards to my third point I still can't comprehend how we didn't get our last minute goal against hammers 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 4

On 24/09/2019 at 22:24, KenjiOgiwara said:

You see to me this is largely unimportant. I can accept some offside goals happening which you struggle to figure out on slow motion re-play. 

What I can't accept are blatant penalties not given, or blatant mistakes everyone in the stadium saw except the referee. And ESPECIALLY what I can't accept is the vague definition of whether "a clear and obvious foul was made". 

Can't wait for the VAR to be tweaked. 

In regards to my third point I still can't comprehend how we didn't get our last minute goal against hammers 

same. i couldn't care less about the marginal offisides. i get it's annoying, but the ball being a millimeter over the line is still a goal. yes offside is a little more difficult to pinpoint the moment the boot makes contact with the ball for the pass, but it's still being used.

the problem is they dont mind 'undermining' the lino, but when it comes to the ref it's a different story. basically socratis would have had to have made a diving one handed save that heaton would've been proud of in order for it to be clear and obvious. if it's 99% a pen, they wont overturn it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Another one got the list of var offences. The Burnley free kick was moving in the run up to their goal. What is var for exactly? 

To detect possible offsides on a molecular level not visible to the human eye  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

Another one got the list of var offences. The Burnley free kick was moving in the run up to their goal. What is var for exactly? 

I thought that too but haven't seen a proper replay of it

There was a lot of outrage yesterday at the time but VAR did its job, he was miles offside, it dis however highlight another problem... It was an easy decision, really easy and yet it took 2 minutes? 

Â