The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Confused by this, they disallowed a Dortmund goal because of a foul on a Dortmund player in the area prior to the goal?

Haaland was offside for the goal then they pulled it back for something that happened a minute or so before

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Confused by this, they disallowed a Dortmund goal because of a foul on a Dortmund player in the area prior to the goal?

Haaland was offside for the goal then they pulled it back for something that happened a minute or so before

• Thanks 1

Starting to get really fed up with football now, never thought I’d say it but the game is being killed.

How was that not a penalty for City - I can only assume it’s because he didn’t claim it at the time (we should be rewarding integrity not penalising it) and tried to play on. The first replay sky showed was the only one you need to see, keeper clearly went into his foot and knocked him off balance.

What in the effing hell are these clowns looking at when judging these matters? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Starting to get really fed up with football now, never thought I’d say it but the game is being killed.

How was that not a penalty for City - I can only assume it’s because he didn’t claim it at the time (we should be rewarding integrity not penalising it) and tried to play on. The first replay sky showed was the only one you need to see, keeper clearly went into his foot and knocked him off balance.

What in the effing hell are these clowns looking at when judging these matters? 

Regardless of the touch on the ball, he was taken out by the keeper and therefore couldn't get to the loose ball to put it in the net. Touching the ball doesn't mean you can do what you like to the player, does it? 

Looked like a bad call to me

4 minutes ago, YLN said:

Regardless of the touch on the ball, he was taken out by the keeper and therefore couldn't get to the loose ball to put it in the net. Touching the ball doesn't mean you can do what you like to the player, does it? 

Looked like a bad call to me

I don’t think the keeper touched the ball did he? 

Watching it again at half time, its utterly baffling how City didn't get a penalty there.  There seems to be something in every match Jon Moss referees.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was huffing and puffing by the halfway line when it happened.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

Messi takes a penalty, it’s saved, Verrati heads it away. 
VAR checks for encroachment, does nothing.

Verrati was a yard inside the D when the penalty was struck.

How can VAR actually go to the trouble of checking it and not notice the guy who cleared the ball being well inside the 10 yards?

Its just so bad.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Messi takes a penalty, it’s saved, Verrati heads it away. 
VAR checks for encroachment, does nothing.

Verrati was a yard inside the D when the penalty was struck.

How can VAR actually go to the trouble of checking it and not notice the guy who cleared the ball being well inside the 10 yards?

Its just so bad.

I don't see the encroachment in that picture?

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Maybe I misunderstood how this works. I thought you could stand up until the edge of the penalty area? Or are you not allowed inside the half circle?

The D / half circle exists to create 10 yards from the penalty spot. You can’t go within in during a penalty kick.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Â