The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

I have said many times before that the Premier League is corrupt and tonight absolutely proves it. Scummy corporation and I will be so happy to get out of this league

20 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

oh well thanks for nothing. useless without serious change VAR

If Purslow is as shrewd as he thinks he should be getting lawyers involved. Not the1st time this season VAR has **** us over. Its actually a bit criminal at this point

I know I’ve been massively wrong about how effective VAR would be. 

But this is yet another example of the technology working, but massive incompetence meaning it’s used appallingly. 

I don’t know what they’re playing at

• Like 1

A couple of errors you can understand.. however from the start it’s been an absolute shames and not just for us. To using millimetres to rule out goals which aren’t obvious (see goal vs Burnley) to obvious errors (see penalty yesterday). The cynic in me thinks it’s happening far too often (not just against us) to think it’s just “errors”. They are quick to come out afterwards to say they made a mistake but what’s the punishment? Nothing from what I can see.

They can quite easily get it purposely wrong and say “oh yeah I probably shouldn’t have given this”.. no consequences at all. If anything it’s called the games integrity into question more rather than the opposite. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I just can't understand why the decisions aren't being overturned.

I thought VAR would be a good thing, but it's actually turning me completely off football.

There has been a massive reluctance all season to overturn decisions. Almost like VAR is being used primarily to justify the decisions that refs make.

It's massively broken. 

I still think the primary mistake they're making is not letting the refs use the screens. That should be how it works. That way all VAR is doing is telling the ref you MIGHT have made a mistake there. Then let the referee review his own decision with different camera angles. If he still makes the wrong decision then fair enough, it'll never be perfect. But at least it'll be more consistent.

Not sure which rag he said it in because I only saw it in a Schmeichel tweet - Peter Walton has said that VAR isn't there to make correct decisions it's only there to see if the ref made a clear and obvious error

So in other words last night was the wrong decision but you can see why moss gave it so the decision stands

What an absolute load of bollocks

Its there so you can see it from different angles and slower speeds helping to make the right decision 

How the **** are the PL getting it so wrong? Hard to see beyond incompetence and arrogance 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure which rag he said it in because I only saw it in a Schmeichel tweet - Peter Walton has said that VAR isn't there to make correct decisions it's only there to see if the ref made a clear and obvious error

So in other words last night was the wrong decision but you can see why moss gave it so the decision stands

What an absolute load of bollocks

Its there so you can see it from different angles and slower speeds helping to make the right decision 

How the **** are the PL getting it so wrong? Hard to see beyond incompetence and arrogance 

I agree with the sentiment it should be used to correct clear and obvious errors...

...but last night was a clear and obvious error.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

VAR is dog shit as expected.

One good thing about being relegated is no more of this crap next season

That's what I was going to ask.

I may venture to a match next season when we are relegated.

If we stay in the top flight I'll never go to a live game again.

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I agree with the sentiment it should be used to correct clear and obvious errors...

...but last night was a clear and obvious error.

You factor in "I can see why he gave it" and clear and obvious goes out the window 

Definitely smells of corruption. I bet Moss would have went over to the machine if it was McGinn on Maguire

As for Moss how has this clown be allowed ref for so long atrocious and unfit ref 

Â