The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The crapness of VAR will never cease to amaze. How they have looked at that Ayew elbow and not given a red? But also, how has the ref not given it himself given his position, or why has he not checked the monitor himself? Staggering ineptitude all round.

This is a problem of VAR, ref is not 100% so let’s things go thinking VAR will clean it up if it was an offence. Then when VAR doesn’t act both parties look like idiots.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is a problem of VAR, ref is not 100% so let’s things go thinking VAR will clean it up if it was an offence. Then when VAR doesn’t act both parties look like idiots.

Exactly, ref: "not sure, I'll let VAR sort it out."

VAR: "not an obvious error (this was}, stick with the ref's decision."

Use the monitors!

• Like 1

In a season of shit decisions the Fekir red card yesterday was top of the pile. He had the ball and was tackled and ref gave a 2nd yellow card. He didn't even hit the ground looking for a free kick

He then threw a punch at the VAR monitor coming off 😂

• Like 1

There is no hope when mates just want to help out the refs on the field. I naively thought it would be better than this.

It's certainly a disgrace we get told they don't want refs to go to monitors as it would slow the game down too much while they bring in near two minute drinks breaks in each half.

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's not only not a penalty, but also potentially a red card for Fernandes. Hilariously awful.

I think that would be going from one extreme to the other sending him off, he was just doing a drag back turn thing and trod on his ankle in the process.  He deserves a jaw volley for going down like he was shot in the shin though.

• Like 1

Â