The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

I saw that asked too, its an interesting one cos he gets the shot off but he's definitely taken out

you could make an argument that the tackle has no impact on the play but then when you pair that with the idea that sigurdson sat on the floor does impact the play it starts to sound a bit harsh

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I saw that asked too, its an interesting one cos he gets the shot off but he's definitely taken out

you could make an argument that the tackle has no impact on the play but then when you pair that with the idea that sigurdson sat on the floor does impact the play it starts to sound a bit harsh

Its so shit I was shocked City didn't get a penalty for Aguero injuring himslf vs Targett 

Barcelona were awarded an almost identical penalty over the weekend.

Our one was even less a penalty than their but apparently handball has a new definition now.

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes ref gave it no cl;ear and obvious error. VAR got it right

How isn't that a clear and obvious error?

It doesn't touch his arm as the ref thought but rather his shoulder. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ah yes, the shoulder, the famous part of the hand

ESsqURGXgAk04Mh?format=jpg&name=small

I've been trying to get a pun in along the lines of 'arse and elbow', 'hand and shoulder' doesn't quite have the same RING.... here all week...

Didn't affect the outcome of the game and we were well beaten but yet another example of why this cancerous system simply doesn't work. It basically just adds another level of inconsistency and nothing else.

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Didn't affect the outcome of the game and we were well beaten but yet another example of why this cancerous system simply doesn't work. It basically just adds another level of inconsistency and nothing else.

but it did, at 1-0 no matter how shit we are we were still in the game. Penalty killed it

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, sne said:

How isn't that a clear and obvious error?

It doesn't touch his arm as the ref thought but rather his shoulder. 

Camera angle doesn’t it clearly for the refs decision to be overturned but  anyway didn’t effect the outcome of the game because they were so dominant

Just now, PaulC said:

Camera angle doesn’t it clearly for the refs decision to be overturned but  anyway didn’t effect the outcome of the game because they were so dominant

Did you see all the angles available to the VAR ref?

Â