The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Oh dear. Dean confident it wasn't a penalty.Play goes on for too long so VAR stop play a couple minutes later and gives City a dubious pen that they end up missing.

Lloris then clips Sterling chasing the ball but no pen this time even thou he didn't get the ball. 

Second situation probably more of a pen than the first one.

Sterling pretty lucky to be on the pitch after that horror tackle on Alli

Edited by sne

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its as if the way they work it is we gave you one so you cant have another one. Blatant pen on Sterling

It seems keepers get away with it if the ball is heading out of play when the contact happens.  It's the only way I can explain that not being a penalty, and don't get me started on Engels getting punched in the head yesterday.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its as if the way they work it is we gave you one so you cant have another one. Blatant pen on Sterling

Kinda like the punch in the face on Engels yesterday is not a red and penalty because Lerma was already sent off

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Kinda like the punch in the face on Engels yesterday is not a red and penalty because Lerma was already sent off

The decision was a joke, but it definitely wasn't a red, it was an honest attempt to play the ball, which   should have been a yellow and a penalty.

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

It's a joke 4 mins injury time too man city kept the ball in play for ages before VAR gave the pen! Gotta add that on you jokers

This isn't meant to be taken as a defence of VAR, but the way they allocate injury time is an absolute joke. They may as well pick a number out of a hat.

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

This is a humdinger of a long thread about VAR.

This is very much a humdinger!  I particularly like the parts about players now not knowing how precisely to play by the rules, and the essential challenge VAR makes to football's beautiful simplicity.

I didn't even watch the city game but my understanding is - 

sterling should have been sent off

city got a soft as shit penalty which took a long time to review, they don't reset the clock to the time of the foul, they also didn't add it on to injury time

lloris was off his line and saved the pen

lloris then had a stone waller on sterling that wasn't given

theres also something about a possible 2nd yellow for sterling? haven't seen the foul but the video of jose going tits is great

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

city got a soft as shit penalty which took a long time to review, they don't reset the clock to the time of the foul, they also didn't add it on to injury time

theres also something about a possible 2nd yellow for sterling? haven't seen the foul but the video of jose going tits is great

I think Jose was saying that if it wasn't a penalty then Sterling should've got a second booking for diving.  I may be wrong. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I thought the penalty CIty were given originally was definitely a pen, it was just how long it took to give it and the injury time farce that was the issue

• Like 3

SKY is doing a big piece on VAR for those interested. Not read through it myself yet so might be pointless but anyhow.

VAR Survey:
Stats, views and solutions

New poll reveals fan concerns about video assistant referees in the Premier League

gettyimages-1181677482-2560x1440.jpeg

https://www.skysports.com/football/story-telling/11095/11925621/var-survey-stats-views-and-solutions

Â