The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand why there'd be such a long delay...

...but I equally don't understand why there's such uproar about correct decisions being made.  Strange world.

Being "right" absolutely does not justify what happened in that game. 

There needs to be a time limit on things, say two minutes. (ref told there might be an issue and then he spends a minute looking at the screen on the sidelines).

I agree it was the right decision last night but for the teams to go off the pitch and be then called back is laughable. From the incident to the kick being taken took around 7 minutes. That simply isn't good enough.

• Like 2

The system should be used in the background but should be limited to 1 or 2 calls per team per game, coming at the teams request; like tennis uses it at the moment.

The choice should be limited in time too so everyone knows where they are.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, bobzy said:

People are still against this then? :detect: 

Completely agree with this. Today’s game showed why this (even with its teething difficulties) can only be a good thing for the game. 

I think ramos gets sent off, thats probably it from yesterday, i dont think any of the officials saw it

The stamp on grealish the 4th official has seen it its right in front of him and he doesnt give it or advise its a red, what makes you think another ref watching it on tv would give it?

The grealish tackle again i think the ref has seen it and given a yellow, theres no guarantee you wouldnt have the same answer 

On 27/05/2018 at 13:19, villa4europe said:

The stamp on grealish the 4th official has seen it its right in front of him and he doesnt give it or advise its a red, what makes you think another ref watching it on tv would give it?

Is this a serious question?

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is this a serious question?

yes

VAR automatically means thats a red card? why? 4th official saw it and obviously thought it was accidental, who's to say VAR ref wouldn't think the same

i dont buy in to the belief that VAR would give us the decisions we want, the level of ineptitude would continue

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yes

VAR automatically means thats a red card? why? 4th official saw it and obviously thought it was accidental, who's to say VAR ref wouldn't think the same

i dont buy in to the belief that VAR would give us the decisions we want, the level of ineptitude would continue

No it doesn't automatically mean that at all. But VAR isn't just there to catch things that officials have totally missed. It's to give them a better look at incidents that they may have seen wrongly.
You really don't think that there's a very good chance that a ref reviewing that footage would have given a red card?

I just don't understand this train of thought that continues to roll of "Well it doesn't GUARANTEE the right decision should be made, so it's pointless"

• 3 weeks later...

As I always stated VAR is fantastic :D

Honestly thou I was really baffled that they stopped the game in mid attack for Korea to review it.

Imagine if it wasn't given as a penalty after review and they had robbed Korea of a good attack opportunity...

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

battenburg is right in his analysis, they got the decision right in the end but it wasnt a hard decision and the ref had a great view, FIFA should have refs good enough to get it right in the 1st place

:crylaugh:

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

battenburg is right in his analysis, they got the decision right in the end but it wasnt a hard decision and the ref had a great view, FIFA should have refs good enough to get it right in the 1st place

But no ref is that fit to keep up with play. He made howlers in his time

Why did he not see that Pedro Mendes goal?

Clear and obvious right?

I'm guessing they wouldn't have called the ref over mid-game to have a look mid-attack unless it was obvious Korea shouldn't even have had the ball. Be more uproar if Korea had banged it in from 30 yards and had it disallowed and a penalty given against them instead.

That's a perfect example of how it should be used imo.

36 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Clear and obvious right?

I'm guessing they wouldn't have called the ref over mid-game to have a look mid-attack unless it was obvious Korea shouldn't even have had the ball. Be more uproar if Korea had banged it in from 30 yards and had it disallowed and a penalty given against them instead.

That's a perfect example of how it should be used imo.

yeah that did cross my mind, they are stuck in a risky place there, if they dont give the penalty then SK will rightly be extremely pissed off, if they had delayed the decision any longer then it was a decent looking attack

if its being called back bet your house on it being given

Â