The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

I thought it was a rare good day for our use of VAR to be honest. The still of the Albion goal above doesn’t make it clear how far out of the goalkeeper’s line of sight Gallagher is so I can’t see how that should have been overturned.

Really good use of VAR to overturn the Chelsea penalty for being outside the box. One of those decisions that can be cleared up pretty quickly.

I don’t think we use VAR very well in this country but I struggle to see the issue with it from the two games this evening.

• Like 1

My answer to VAR is that I now record the Villa games and watch them the next day.That way if there is a VAR decision to be made I fast foreward to where the decision has been made and play carries on.This is working out quite good for me,especially as there are no crowds there so the atmosfere is missing anyway.

Every time you think the standard of refereeing has hit rock bottom, it manages to sink even lower. That is an utterly disgusting decision and if the league has any credibility, any officials involved should be at least suspended. **** words removed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JB said:

Every time you think the standard of refereeing has hit rock bottom, it manages to sink even lower. That is an utterly disgusting decision and if the league has any credibility, any officials involved should be at least suspended. **** words removed. 

Which one? 

It's corruption or the worst incompetence in any profession I've ever seen. You have professionals at apparently the top of the game who dont know the rules. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I hope this is the straw that breaks the camels back either in terms of a review of VAR or a review of refereeing standards.

This isn’t a marginal call, it’s not a subjective tackle or handball, there is clearly a correct decision to be made and it’s not even seemingly been considered.

That leaves one of two things, realistically - it’s either a mistake, but a mistake shared by multiple trained professionals, therefore showing it’s endemic in the profession, or it’s blatant corruption.

Either way this is a stain on the PL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I hope this is the straw that breaks the camels back either in terms of a review of VAR or a review of refereeing standards.

This isn’t a marginal call, it’s not a subjective tackle or handball, there is clearly a correct decision to be made and it’s not even seemingly been considered.

That leaves one of two things, realistically - it’s either a mistake, but a mistake shared by multiple trained professionals, therefore showing it’s endemic in the profession, or it’s blatant corruption.

Either way this is a stain on the PL.

I'd be absolutely amazed if there is anything done. Its another terrible call to add to the list of terrible calls.

It also didn't happen to ManU.

2 minutes ago, a-k said:

PL has already come out and said it was the correct call since Mings deliberately played the ball to Rodrigo

He...controlled it? And then was tackled by a player who was offside. It's not like dribbled the ball and then passed it straight to Rodri. 

Being tackled by someone is apparently deliberately playing the ball to them now 

Openly corrupt, full investigation needed.

By the way lads, guess who the VAR was?

Kevin **** Friend.

• Like 1

Â