The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I think var should just be used for offside decisions and that’s it, 

it’s ruining football. I hope they get rid of it next season, I think I prefer getting screwed over by a poor referee decision then having every incident bloody reviewed, it’s ruining the flow of the game.

Yep. We've gone from a situation where there were fairly regular mistakes from referees to a formal system whereby not only are mistakes frequently not corrected, but actual correct decisions are also reversed, with the game being broken up in the process.

It's actually hard to fully emphasize just what a joke of a system it is.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

In theory, VAR is great. In practice it’s been a disaster. The biggest controversies have been caused by human error. Incompetent officials making incomprehensible errors.

VAR equivalents in other sports work better, primarily, because the officials are better IMO. For years, they’ve been given the benefit of the doubt because of the fast(er) pace of football, how it’s impossible to see everything and things are often less clear cut. But now I honestly can’t understand how they are still **** things up with the benefit of replays. 

Football refs seem to have an attitude about them. I appreciate that we can’t have the game without them but I’ve always thought that you have to have something a bit wrong with you to want to become one. In a similar way to someone who wants to become a Tory MP.

Edited by JB
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It hasn’t improved decisions

It hasn’t improved consistency 

It hasn’t removed debates

Its **** shit.

I would say "consistency" has gone backwards. But then again I still don't think it is VAR being the problem, problem lies with those monkeys in charge.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Penalty decision in the Man U game and VAR did not intervene because it was not a clear and obvious error.

Loving the consistency.

Well now there is consistency...Bruno has just gone shin to shin with WBA player, pen given on-field, VAR said no pen.

Â