Pre match thread

roonst83

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

TBF we have won against both Sunderland and Boro in their managers first game. Karanka is quite negative isn't he? Expect a tough game but a game we should win nonetheless. 

Yeah it always seems to be us ! 

Karanka is strong defensively and even in this short time in charge before our match, I expect Nottingham to be playing much deeper. Grealish will be able to find space, so hopefully he can exploit that.

Hogan might not be the best player to play against a defense that sits deep unless we are playing attacking to counteract that, but being away from home, I don't see Bruce telling them to attack. 

From my limited knowledge of Karanka he’s fairly defensive and relies on the speed and natural ability of his forward to carve out chances. That said, he’s no dope and he knows this league very well. I think they’ll put out a side that we find hard to break down, but I think we’ll have just too much for them. 0-1 Villa.

Edited by alreadyexists

Going to be difficult.

Will be so disappointing if we lose, but a win would leave me pretty excited and optimistic similar to how i was feeling on NYD after that result.

No better feeling than when it all clicks and we actually look like a football team. Surely we start with the same lineup as last league game. Hogan up top and hopefully a bit more confident in himself, Jedi sitting and mopping like a lazy janitor,  JG doin his thug thizzle. Lets just go on a run now like we've been wanting to in this league and win 15 straight games :blink:.

1-2

Brereton 

Chester, Hogan

-----------------------------johnstone----------------------

elmo---------chester----------elphick----------taylor

snodgrass------grealish--------jedinak------hourihane---adomah

---------------------------------hogan----------------------------------------------

subs

steer

terry

hutton

RMH

davis

lansbury

bjarnason

Strong bench 

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

That's some injury time.

I'm anticipating a number of Greater Crested Newt nests being unearthed due to the intensity of the game.

Of course then we'll have to awaiting for the environmental impact assessments and their safe relocation before the game is resumed. 

30 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm anticipating a number of Greater Crested Newt nests being unearthed due to the intensity of the game.

Of course then we'll have to awaiting for the environmental impact assessments and their safe relocation before the game is resumed. 

Plus, with the ground being on the River Trent, there's a logistical nightmare around the whole situation.  Wouldn't be surprised to see 200mins+ added time.