Pre match thread

roonst83

Hoping all momentum hasn’t been lost from the loss today to Posh. I expect the same team (assuming Hogan is fit) as against Bristol. I doubt Terry will start yet. Need to bounce back from today against a tough Forest team. 

After two decent wins Bruce was smarting. He absolutely needs to try and galvanise the lads after the embarrassment of today’s cup exit to get us back on track. 

Don't see much of a connection between the players who lost yesterday to the players who won handsomely against Bristol. Therefore confidence is still high and we'll give this a good crack. Forest are OK, but we should have too much for them. I'm done with the 'typical villa' thinking and am plumbing for a confident performance and a 0-2.

• Like 1

We cannot win this game for three reasons:

a] We lost to Peterborough who are in the league below us so we are shit

b] Forest beat Arsenal who are in the Premier League so they are amazing 

c] Steve Bruce

I think it’s only realistic to expect a 9-0 Forest win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The dangeous thing is that Forest will be bouncing with confiedence after their FA Cup victory and will be taking this in to our game.. added we are awsy and live on Sky it will no doubt look like 3-0 Forest.

Could say the same with us with the 5-0 win, don't forget it was a completely different team in the cup. 

• Like 1

I Suppose Forest have got the momentum going in to the game making only 2 changes from their draw at Leeds compared with our 10 changes from Bristol City. 

Home advantage will favour them but i still expect an away win. After all the thread is correctly named so wouldn't expect anything else :D

17 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The dangeous thing is that Forest will be bouncing with confiedence after their FA Cup victory and will be taking this in to our game.. added we are awsy and live on Sky it will no doubt look like 3-0 Forest.

If it wasn't for the "live on sky tv" factor then  I'd be saying it's gonna be "after the Lord mayor's show" for forest as we bum them 0-3.....but.....y'know......this IS villa we're talking about here...:wacko:

• Like 1