Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Peterborough

limpid

Match Polls  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/01/18 at 17:30

Not good enough really. Bruce probably riding high being arrogant after the 5-0 and underestimated FatFrys group. Shame but oh well. All will be forgotten if we get the points at Forest. If we dont the pressure will return.

The pessimist  in me sees the Bristol game as a one-off and the too familiar Bruceball games as the norm we will no doubt soon be reverting back to. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillanousOne said:

well we threw away the league cup and now the FA cup, but god forbid we should complain about it, shame on us.

Yeah they were so important too. Forget the 46 games we have to play in a league we're desperately trying to get promoted from, let's concentrate on the cups instead. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Really glad my money stayed firmly in my pocket and I did not waste it watching what was obviously a complete load of doggy do.

There is losing and then there is losing the way we just did. It is all about confidence and we have just shattered want we had post the Bristol City game.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah they were so important too. Forget the 46 games we have to play in a league we're desperately trying to get promoted from, let's concentrate on the cups instead. 

Or better still not get knocked out by a team in the league lower to us.

If we are to be knocked out atleast make it at the hands of Man City or someone.

10 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Totally outplayed by a League One team.  Very disappointing and shows that many of our players on the periphery of the first team aren't good enough.

Were you at the game? Taylor not good enough! Onomah not good enough! But those on the periphery? Let down yet again by an inept manager. That result had nothing to do with the youth not being good enough and everything to do with a manager who doesn't react, has no plan b, is too comfortable to score a goal and stop playing. 

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Or better still not get knocked out by a team in the league lower to us.

If we are to be knocked out atleast make it at the hands of Man City or someone.

What difference does it make? 

Honestly disgraceful, at home too. Complacency on show that could cost us promotion. Also players on show not good enough in the Championship let alone if we ever do go up.

This just shows how shallow a pool of talent we have, how much we have to do, how far we have fallen and far behind the curve we are. When we used to say look at all the big names that don’t come back: Leeds, Forrest, Notts County, Sheffield Wed, Sheffield Utd, Coventry etc etc, we are at a very big risk of doing exactly this.

This was a walk in the park for Aston Villa at home today.

• Like 1

i, like many others am not really bothered about the result here because come on, lets face it we are not going to win the cup are we?

but, a winning mentality breeds wins and these are games we should be winning to further fester that winning mind set.

Overall, bad show. A win in the next game is a must to prove that they can switch off/on

Edited by imavillan

The main difference is that they are a team who plays regularly together and our formation does not. Unfortunately for Bruce, this no excuse though. Better individual players at our level should still beat teams from the lower leagues. They ran us ragged and this is a wasted opportunity to maintain momentum. He will say the league is more important and it is, but this is an embarrassing result for him. We should have gone full strength in my opinion.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

Â